Forum Index > Photography Talk > Finally picked up a 5D Mk 2.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 pm 
Well I finally found a Canon 5D Mk 2. Cant wait to start shooting with her. Anyone want a 40D with a 10-22 lens??? hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostTue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 pm 
hey BPJ keep that 40D for a while yet. Don't be hasty........... It's nice to have MkII to play with, but sometimes you want your lenses to work a little harder, see a little further, and that 1.6 crop sure comes in handy. Also, never hurts to have a second body in your camera bag, to avoid lens switching in dusty conditions. I often have my 24-70 on the MkII while my long lens is on the Rebel.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Dec 15, 2009 11:40 pm 
Thanks SWR. Good idea. I dont really need to sell it. How do you like your MK2?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostTue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 pm 
I sure love mine!! It's such a huge step over and above the 5D, and miles beyond the rebel. as soon as I received my camera I drove down to the beach at Tofino and spent the weekend shooting HD video and taking pictures. It was *wonderful*. Helped that it was a weekend of sunny, after weeks of yuk. BUT be prepared for massive file sizes, esp when shooting RAW + JPG. A minute video in HD takes up 900MB. Yes, megabytes. It's a thrill to see the images so crisp, clear. And the camera's ergonomics take no time to get used to (every Canon camera has its quirks, but the MkII's are less ...quirky) where will you take your camera on its first date with you? smile.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 am 
SWR, Im not sure. I have a 17-40L f4, 24-105L IS f4 and 70-200L IS f4. Any suggestions for other lenses?

Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostWed Dec 16, 2009 3:57 pm 
Congrats on the new cam. up.gif It's crazy how great and how fast gear is getting better and better. I look forward to seeing your pics!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 pm 
Jason Hummel wrote:
Congrats on the new cam. up.gif It's crazy how great and how fast gear is getting better and better. I look forward to seeing your pics!
Thank you Jason. I appreciate it. Now I just need to step up to your level! hockeygrin.gif