Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Old Reiter Campground by May Creek
Previous :: Next Topic  
bgnelson

bgnelson

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 12:03 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Does anyone remember or know anything about the old campground at Reiter by May Creek outside of Gold Bar? I know the general area of the campground, but it'd be awesome to get more info. Anyone have an old map that shows it? Pics from camping there? How many camp sites it had? Restrooms or other amenities?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito

Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 am 
IDK  -- but there is a large membership private campground located in that general area  now.

https://gbntone.org/
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
bgnelson

bgnelson

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 6:04 pm 
I looked for old maps showing the May Creek campground. It's on 2 maps in the 1978 edition of Footsore 2 on pages 185 and 190. I haven't found other maps showing the location. A map of the layout would be amazing, but doesn't seem likely. Maybe I'll start looking for books on camping from the same period.

In general, I know the area very well. I live in Gold Bar. I've explored all over, run, hiked and wandered 1000s of miles around Reiter, Wallace Falls and the surrounding area. I've also wandered through where the old campground was. DNR manages the land now. I know a lot of the DNR folks who work in the area, and all the State Park staff. But so far, all I've heard from people I've talked to was that there was a campground, and a friend's dad used to work there. Unfortunately, his dad passed years ago, and my friend doesn't know much about the campground.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Old Reiter Campground by May Creek
  Happy Birthday Dane, jointhedance!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: