Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free gear giveaway! What you got? What you need?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Yana needs: protective bits for ice axe (both for head and spike) Oneluv1's freeitem I have a pair of older Womens Asolo Stynger GTX boots. Size 9 w/ green super feet. THey seem to run a little small. Still in great condition and water proof. Slugman's free items: Two fiber-fill sleeping bags, mummy style, suitable for car camping Car camping stove, screws on top of green propane cylinder, plus a couple of cylinders (can't ship those) woffie offers: Sierra designs Glacier tent. Double-A, state-of-the-art in early 1970's. AllisonW needs: Bicycle stuff: headlight, non-knobby tires for mountain bike, women's seat, bar ends for mountain bike, bike shoes, women's 9. Also, wide-angle lens, pre-digital is ok, any major brand is ok, though Canon is best. EastKing needs... An overnight backpack with an ice axe loop. I am doing Glacier Peak and possible Gannett Peak and Grand Teton. damage wants fixable tarp tent, winter gloves, generic watch w/ alarm PatchesMcGill has: lightly used camelback bladder. 1> year old (3L hydrotitanium--it has a pinhole leak but can be fixed easily with some seam grip and it'll be good as new), and a random red colored nalgene bottle Backpacker Joe offers: 5.10 Vertical high top old style rock shoes size 9 used only once or twice. Cullman hikers tripod. Comes with camera base plate. Mtnwkr has Ruffwear dog pack, red, size small. Fit my 55lb vizsla well, could go up or down on size a little. Chevre NEEDS: Ice Axe 70 cm. Thank you.

Wiki summmary last edited by Jeff on Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
MFOB

MFOB
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 10:34 am 
How bout an Ice Axe 75cm. Any carabiners? Harness? Rope? ATC? Prussik Slings? Helmet? Gaitors? I need these items and cant afford them right now.....

Have Fun, Dont Die!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am 
Re: boots and stove
raphaeli22 wrote:
I would be interested in picking up your boots and your stove if you still have them? What is your location? Thanks, Raphael
Yes, and Seattle (work), Lynnwood (home)

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 3:42 pm 
MFOB - I'd be wary of getting free climbing items, especially harness, prussiks, or a rope. You don't know their history so how do you feel about trusting your life to them? Ice axe and helmet probably okay (possibly even 'biners and ATC, depending on your comfort level/source), but I urge you to get those other items new.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
MFOB

MFOB
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm 
I agree, but if in good condition that would be nice to get.

Have Fun, Dont Die!
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm 
This free gear thing is now my full-time job. Every day I'm mailing something out, or something comes in the mail, or I'm mailing a check for postage, or meeting up with someone to make a hand-off, or rifling through my closet for more good stuff that I just don't want to try to sell for money. So far I tidied up my own closet to the tune of a Hennessey hammock, Marmot Precip jacket, Sweetwater filter, Merrel Blizzard boots (never worn), and a car camping stove with two canisters of fuel. All perfectly usable items, just superseded by newer gear. On the cluttering up my house side of the equation, I received a titanium cookset that I've always wanted, the chair kit for my new Big Agnes camping pad, and a six-pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Two major gear scores, for some items I wasn't going to use anyway. biggrin.gif I'll be going back into the closet this weekend. I think I have the battery-powered lantern that c-wall needs. hmmm.gif

caver

caver
PostSat Jan 30, 2010 10:58 pm 
Does anyone have a long handed Ti spoon? I could also use 2 SMC decender rings. I'd be happy to buy these items!

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSat Jan 30, 2010 11:18 pm 
Just posted an ice axe.

raphaeli22

raphaeli22
PostSun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am 
Monday
Could I meet up with you Monday in Seattle? Any time after 3pm would work for me. Let me know or give me a call and we could set up a time. Thanks, Raphael 206.406.0484

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 pm 
need: yoga mat have: various and sundry

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 am 

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 am 
Easy big guy, it's just a yoga mat. tongue.gif tongue.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostWed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am 
wave.gif Welcome back! (already gave away the yoga mat though) Here's what I've got: old style Salomon hiking boots, women's size 8. Still some life left in these babies. I'm in Wallingford, if someone wants to try them on.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
slickhorn

slickhorn
PostTue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am 
Looks like most of my loot has been claimed. Thought I'd see if anyone wanted to get rid of some old white gas bottles? I only have one, so any sizes are appreciated.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostTue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm 
Added some stuff to the wiki (both to give away and need).

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
DaleW

DaleW
PostTue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm 
Free stuff swap meet?
We should just have a big free swap meet somewhere on the statistically cruddiest weekend of the Winter. Start with a barrel at the door for Scouts, etc. I could just see piles of stuff flying around, people trying on stuff, weird photo ops smile.gif