Forum Index > Partners > Big Snow?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostFri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am 
Big Snow 6680 the weekend looks pretty stellar So here's an idea - Big Snow - given the conditions I think it looks feasible, or at least worth an exploration. Let me know what you think (or that I'm full of it and invite me along on your trip... Here's the logistics - aprx. 13-14 mile bike to end of MFS Road @ 3000 ft. (1000-3000; 2000" biking / 25 miles RT) - I would take along a bike trailer for gear (so you don't have to bike with it on your back) hike up Hardscrabble Creek and take SE ridge from upper Hardscrabble Lake, contouring NE around point 6131, and follow the shoulder westwards to the top (3000-6680; 3680") - take crampons, ice axe, snow shoes... etc. (I'd be up for skis, though with the conditions and the route there may not be much good skiing) One big day (crack o' dawn start), or break it up and camp up on Big Snow and watch the sun rise... I've been on this route in the Summer, but this would be a first for Winter

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 am 
I'm tempted. I'll PM you my e-mail address for details. Is your preferred day Sat or Sun?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostFri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am 
hey Mike - if we do it, preferably tomorrow, Saturday

Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostFri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm 
so I'm gonna tag along with another excursion tomorrow, but if Big Snow appeals to you, let me know btw I'm not much of a virtual entity but I've spent a lot of real time in les montagnes, been on all the biggies (Rainier Baker Glacier Olymp etc. for what it's worth) and winter excursions have been mostly on skis (Colchuck, Cashmere, etc.)