Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Jobs Thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ASBrauer
Nerd

ASBrauer
Nerd
PostThu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 pm 
Sure Craigslist, the myriad of job boards, and all the social networking sites provide plenty of resources, but in a rough economy why leave anything to chance? Rules: 1. Keep it generic: "I/someone is looking for ______" or "I'm seeking _________work" 2. No full resumes, leave that between the job seeker and the person doing the hiring 3. Provide a city, or how far you are willing to travel for work 4. Restrict replies to PMs so questions and details don't bury somebody else's post too quickly Of course this is self-interested! I'll start: I'm looking for Solidworks or AutoCAD mechanical drafting work. I'm willing to travel up to 80 miles 1-way from Pullman, WA. Edit: I would also telecommute.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Badger

Badger
PostFri Feb 12, 2010 2:56 pm 
Oregon Jobs
Just an FYI- Face book is opening a DC in Prineville (sp?) Oregon.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm 
well this is a good thing....I am in everett 25min. from seattle. seems the word is spreading , am doing more tune-ups/general maint. as well as timing belts, water pumps, brakes ect.... I also have painted 4 cars, one a jaguar..... did just the BED on a sm. work truck and looked great.... I am looking for people who need AUTOMOTIVE WORK DONE on their cars....certified from shoreline c.c.....master mechanic...my good friend has an auto-shop one block away to help with anything I can't do/problems....analyz. machines... 2 of my other skills are painting ....25 yrs. of high end interior around the sand point and bellvue areas...I grew up in sand pt....PHOTO RESUME ...AND REF'S. BATH remodel...kitchen counter-tops with cabinets installed....my roomate and I have pic's of some remodel work, (drains installed/sinks/shower with plumbing work.)..... NO B.S. ......so if you want some help with a project or can hire me let me know....thanks.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostFri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm 
Excellent idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it. up.gif I live near Redmond and am willing to travel on the Eastside and to Seattle. I’m looking for any of the following work: 1. Property title examiner - Legal description analyst. 15+ years experience in the Midwest. Anyone here work for Sound Transit? They advertised for a “Property Records Research Technician” and I applied. The odd thing is that their website tells you not to call or email to inquire about the status of your application. OK, how is a person supposed to find out if the position has been filed? confused.gif 2. Property mapping. Expert with Net Deed Plotter software. Also able to accurately show property legal description boundaries either on Google maps or on detailed aerial photos available in the public domain. See Net Deed Plotter example maps in a pdf file. See Google map examples. 3. Google map API programming. Javascript, PHP, XHTML, CSS, SimpleXML Example: http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html With respect to this last skill area, I’m trying to get some Eastside cities interested in improving their websites. There is all kinds of useful city info they could show on Google maps. Here are some simple webpages I made to give them some ideas. The first link on each page will display a Google map with all city parks: Bellevue Kirkland Redmond

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 am 
Good Idea.. For my daughter: 2009 WSU Grade, Civil Engineering seeks EIT position Pac. NW/Alaska?/N. CA Structural and civil/hydrology/environmental internships Great kid...fast learner, friendly, impeccable report/technical writing skills Proud Daddy Tom

Badger

Badger
PostSat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 pm 
Link to jobs
Good call for this thread. Siemens jobs: http://www.usa.siemens.com/en/jobs_careers.htm If you find something let me know and I will submit you through the ER process. Every little bit helps.

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSat Feb 13, 2010 6:06 pm 
Cool idea Andrew. up.gif Well, my list of work experience includes obscure things like pest control, bird survey, environmental restoration, & most recently environmental consulting (bldg. inspector for hazmat). I've also done a bit of data entry for an online bookstore, & shipping/receiving for an outdoor gear retailer. I've also done volunteer jobs incl. trail construction/restoration, & stream water sampling to determine if the habitat is healthy for salmon. Looking to relocate to AZ or UT for either environmental consulting or wildlife survey work...or something closely related. smile.gif Not looking for anything in the NW, so I suppose it's a long shot to post this to a bunch of NWhikers. wink.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Conrad
Meadow bagger

Conrad
Meadow bagger
PostSat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm 
Need Windows desktop / C# / C++ software development? I'm working full-time on my own business (DrawMusic.com) but I can take time out for other projects. Resume: http://DrawMusic.com/resume.htm

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 am 
Luc

Luc
PostThu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm 
digital media engineer
yeah good idea! I'm always looking for freelance side jobs to subsidize my spotty income as a vendor at Microsoft. i have 7 years in as a Media Solutions Engineer with experience in almost every form of digital video and digital audio. streaming, download, podcast/rss, zune/ipod/phone, DVD-authoring, non-linear editing. im a consultant and engineer for folks that don't know what needs to happen to get their media into formats for certain methods of consumption. soft copy, hard copy. can work at rates a fraction of what production houses with large overhead usually charge. looking for long or short contract work. ______thx!____L

GNGSTR
bonobo
Owl Juggler for rent

bonobo
Owl Juggler for rent
PostMon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am 
I'm looking for part time work. I have a BS in ecology and environmental biology, and an BA in anthropology, as well as a long and vairied work history which included everything from lab work to dog wrangler. Temporary or project work would suit me well, because Hubby is out of work and when he finds a job I will need to take over child care at home relatively soon after that.

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 pm 
It looks like come April 23rd my 22+ years at the local large infamous Aerospace/Airplane making Company will come to an end. I've had various IT jobs over the last 25 years or so. Most recently during the last 5 years doing Configuration Management work as well as coordinating software implementations and some functional analyst work. For the 20 years or so previous I was primarily a programmer/analyst on various systems, platforms and languages.

Tazz

Tazz
PostSat Mar 27, 2010 10:13 pm 
Forest GNOMEEEEEEEE for hire! winksmile.gif his magic touch fixed my car for TONS less than some garage would have. My problem with my car is fixed when some other fool could not fix it!! THANK YOU!!! GNOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will hire you anytime i need it dude! I will be in touch... agree.gif up.gif

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm 
you can just call me MASTER!.....uhum...MASTER MECHANIC!.....he hee heh .... IF IT keeps acting up is the gauge, I can put a mechanical water temp gauge on it.... good to hear it's fixed....

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm 
NEXT!...STUDENT from shoreline c.c. automotive school... I am in in everett.