Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy

RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy
PostThu Apr 01, 2010 9:13 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
NEXT!...STUDENT from shoreline c.c. automotive school... I am in in everett.
My brother went to the shoreline c.c. automotive school.

North by Northwest
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 5:19 am 
Comrades, Family member has Engineer in Training cert./BS from a WA university. Got interview with cement/concrete inspection and quality control firm in Tri-Cities doing work for Hanford. Anyone familiar with "culture of safety", licensing of personnel to work with/around radioactivity, training, accidents, etc. at Hanford? Spidey sense tingling on this one. Signed, Tom

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm 
SO here is the auto work I did these last few weeks!!..just to give ya an idea of the cheap fixes for fellow hikers! Changed a leaky fuel injector on 03 toyota 4-runner.... found the injector at pull a part....saved her 90$+....charged 45$ labor.. complete timing belt on a 98 camry...IN HER DRIVEWAY...water pump had been done....115$ (about)..+ parts...2 days of work. complete front brake's rebuilt job (same car) 50$ + rotors turned.... 04 hundai right rear Bearing Hub assembly ...bitch to pull....70$ plus 65$ hub...... Anybody needs some great mechanic work cheap...PM ME...THANKS GNOMEEEEEE

touron

touron
PostFri May 07, 2010 6:14 pm 
Someone's dream job?
Quote:
Junior Design Engineer, Ski The initial focus for this position will be to develop skills and knowledge about ski engineering. The training for this position will involve extended periods of hands-on time fabricating prototype skis in K2’s Seattle Development Center and travel to K2’s production facility in Asia. This position will also be responsible for creating CAD for new designs and clearly communicating projects to the R&D groups, production and suppliers.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostWed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 am 
tmatlack wrote:
Good Idea.. For my daughter: 2009 WSU Grade, Civil Engineering seeks EIT position Pac. NW/Alaska?/N. CA Structural and civil/hydrology/environmental internships Great kid...fast learner, friendly, impeccable report/technical writing skills Proud Daddy Tom
Hey, Daughter got an engineering job in E. Washington! She was working dog job at Bellevue Nordies, fellow Coug alumni stops to chat, he hooks her up with a small newspaper ad she hadn't seen for EIT, she sends in stuff, they call to set up phone interview and she says, "Hell no, I come to you..I deliver!" 2.5 hour interview with tour of company. The rest is history. Hang in there folks. It took her 7 months. Network. Network. Network. Bad reviews for USFS/USA Jobs postings. Many many too-good-to-be-true openings, but as you get closer and closer to the people actually hiring, the jobs disappear or go to vets/in-house(I'm ok with that.) Tom

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostTue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 am 
I'm looking for the opportunity to meet and serve to my highest capacity and skills in the following areas: Custom cabinet manufacturing and installation, including matching existing cabinets and millwork. Design and manufacturing of custom furniture. Custom design and manufacturing of exhibit booths, as in trade shows. Custom manufactured signage for all purposes and needs. Installation of P Lam, Paperstone, Richlite, and other composition countertop materials. Installation of Appliances. Carpentry skills; set trim, install pre-made cabinets, doors, windows, and even framing if needed. My shop is in Snohomish. As far as site work goes, I'll travel about anywheres. Thank you for taking the time to read my request, I look forward to discussing your needs and assisting you in whatever way that I can. Namaste Richard Brayton

polycarp808
carefree cat

polycarp808
carefree cat
PostTue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm 
tmatlack wrote:
Good Idea.. For my daughter: 2009 WSU Grade, Civil Engineering seeks EIT position Pac. NW/Alaska?/N. CA Structural and civil/hydrology/environmental internships Great kid...fast learner, friendly, impeccable report/technical writing skills Proud Daddy Tom
I just had a friend from Anchorage visit me in Seattle. He is wondering why more unemployed people here don't go up to Alaska for jobs. Here's a link to engineering jobs: http://jobs.com/alaska_us_engineering_jobs_170601 Then, jobs in general: http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/ http://www.alaskajobfinder.com/ http://jobs.com/alaska_us_jobs_1706

polycarp808
carefree cat

polycarp808
carefree cat
PostTue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm 
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 pm 
polycarp808 wrote:
A friend who works for the fed up in Anchorage said there's a shortage of workers up there, especially during winter.
Just a wild guess, but maybe it's b/c it's freezing cold & dark all the time. hmmm.gif I once had a friend who suggested I could go work in Antarctica. I'm still not sure if she was genuinely trying to help out, or just trying to get rid of me for awhile. Either way I'm pretty sure I gave her that "You've got to be f'ing kidding me" look. lol.gif I used to apply for fed jobs, until the process got so incredibly ridiculous & convoluted that it was no longer worth the headache. doof.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostWed Sep 15, 2010 1:53 pm 
A pretty female moving to one of these frozen middle of nowhere locales doesn't need a job. Heck it's dark enough most of the year I bet that even the ugly ones probably do OK clown.gif

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
polycarp808
carefree cat

polycarp808
carefree cat
PostWed Sep 15, 2010 2:19 pm 
Let me see if I understand it then. Some unemployed members at a forum for 'hikers' are afraid of the outdoors, wildlife and wilderness of Alaska, get paid good money, because of cold weather and some darkness in the winter? doh.gif

polycarp808
carefree cat

polycarp808
carefree cat
PostWed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm 
Quote:
I used to apply for fed jobs, until the process got so incredibly ridiculous & convoluted that it was no longer worth the headache. doof.gif
Maybe this is a good thing, if you have something to hide. If you get hired, it would take equally arduous effort to get you fired or laid off. prod.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Sep 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
I tried to get a job in SE Alaska. They asked if I had a dog, I said yes, and that was the end of it. Maybe it was all for the best. This was a long time ago.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm 
Wanna be a ski bum? http://skiwhitepass.com/employees/index.cfm

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
polycarp808
carefree cat

polycarp808
carefree cat
PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Wanna be a ski bum? http://skiwhitepass.com/employees/index.cfm
treeswarper, Are you in the logging business? Or know somebody who does? An acquaintance of mine from overseas is looking to purchase WA/OR timbers.