Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
veronika

veronika
PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 am 
touron wrote:
Someone's dream job?
Quote:
Junior Design Engineer, Ski The initial focus for this position will be to develop skills and knowledge about ski engineering. The training for this position will involve extended periods of hands-on time fabricating prototype skis in K2’s Seattle Development Center and travel to K2’s production facility in Asia. This position will also be responsible for creating CAD for new designs and clearly communicating projects to the R&D groups, production and suppliers.
Damn, I went to college and did CAD and both Architectural and Mechanical drafting. Too bad I changed my career and haven't drafted for 15 years. mad.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon Sep 27, 2010 3:46 pm 
Here's a good one. clown.gif

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 pm 
Yeah I saw a craigslist job ad the other day wanting a "Stand-in Boyfriend / Man Slave" - but unfortunately it got flagged & removed pretty quickly so I can't send the link. lol.gif The person wanted some guy to cook, clean, give advice/motivation, go grocery shopping/run errands, etc. All for $10 per task. suuure.gif Oh, & they required a photo 1st, of course. wink.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm 
Someone hire this guy. He invented the MOON fer crapsakes. Caution: NSFW
Craigslist job seeker frustration
Craigslist job seeker frustration

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostFri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm 
Now, that is some serious frustration. Granted I really really need a job at the moment, I don't think I'd go off the deep end like that.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm 
Quark's Unemployed's Guide to Free Food. KBCS can be a bit lax on who they let in to feed at their volunteer buffet table (bonus - you eat before you're expected to even pick up a phone - and they don't lock the exit door. TIP: I found it alleviates guilt to at least answer a few calls and get a couple of pledges in the door for 'em) There's real estate open houses on Wednesdays - it is more difficult to locate one that offers food nowadays, but I found one a week ago that felt having cookies baking in the oven was a good selling gimmick, and it very well might be. TIP: the Renton area is big on this sort of thing. And now this: Nordstrom's bridal thingy. Free hors d'ouvres from noon to 3 PM! All you gotta do is pretend yer gettin' hitched. Chances are all the nervous ninnies will be too freaked and upset to eat very much, and of course they're all on a super-crash diet, so there'll be plenty for you to grub out on. up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
ASBrauer
Nerd

ASBrauer
Nerd
PostSun Jan 30, 2011 11:49 pm 
The time when PetDrAndrea actually fits her screen name is coming quickly. Provided nothing catastrophic happens (knock on large amounts of wood) in the next 97 days, she will graduate with her DVM on May 7th. That said, if anyone happens to have their pooch/kittie into the vet and you hear rumblings of a position opening up, please don't keep it a secret. wink.gif She's looking for a small animal position, and the initial scouting area is Bellingham-Portland +/- 100 E-W of I-5. We'll go elsewhere if we have to but the draw of trees, water, friends and family is awfully strong just now.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 am 
All Things Cloudy and Beautiful. Morton, Randle, Packwood, Mossyrock. There is a part time vet that is in Morton, I think. Kind of a secretive one. The area is not very prosperous. Did I say there's not a lot of money here? But the skiing is close by. Houses are fairly cheap. I like the characters that live in East Lewis County. I now drive to Chehalis to the vet place next to the saw shop. They have lower prices on shots and my boy finally started walking on their floor.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy

RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy
PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm 
Anyone need a process server? Hit me up smile.gif

North by Northwest
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am 
I'm always trying to get rid of extra processes on my server. smile.gif Sorry to hear you need to look, RiG. Good luck in finding one.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy

RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy
PostTue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
I'm always trying to get rid of extra processes on my server. smile.gif Sorry to hear you need to look, RiG. Good luck in finding one.
My mistake, I could have worded that better... I actually run a process serving business. We serve both King and Snohomish counties and specialize in rush service and skip tracing.

North by Northwest
RichP

RichP
PostWed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm 
REI is having a job fair today http://www.rei.com/event/20540/session/25402

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 pm 
Quark wrote:
Quark's Unemployed's Guide to Free Food.
Hilarious. We need more of these.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm 
RokIzGud wrote:
Dayhike Mike wrote:
I'm always trying to get rid of extra processes on my server. smile.gif
My mistake, I could have worded that better... I actually run a process serving business.
Nah, your post was fine. wink.gif I'll often be intentionally obtuse, misconstruing posts for humorous effect.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 30, 2011 1:15 pm 
Rok, do you have a process server license? Shoot me a PM with your biz info and I'll pass it on to my assistant