Previous :: Next Topic
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 am 
The True and False Summit
Josh this image is my favorite. Your photography always surpasses everyone else. Also, I can tell each time we go hiking that you've gotten a little stronger. Michael is really strong too. I know he was getting over a recent illness but he kept getting those bursts of energy. I thought he was going to wait for us in the saddle but then I turned around and he had come all that way and was right behind us. Great job on the trip report!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
John Morrow

John Morrow
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 am 
Could you folks label all the peaks in your photos for me, thanks. John Kidding! Great shots, especially the clarity of the zoom shots. For example: the pic labeled "Monte Cristo Peaks" by Flow actually shows the illegal wilderness highmarking going on by snowmobiles on the north side of Jove Peak. (lower left corner of pic)

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” ― MLK Jr.
silence

silence
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 am 
nice stuff you guys ... i'm yearning to do one of these ...while the gettin is good .. josh you're doing such a great job with your photography and trip reports ... keep up the good work ....

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
TrailPair

TrailPair
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am 
Gorgeous views, and great weather! up.gif

This thing called work is interfering with my play
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 pm 
I just found out that what we thought of as Point 7132 and as a false summit is actually know as North Chiwaukum. Check Peakbagger if you don't believe me. I'm going to make a page for it on summitpost.

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm 
Gimpilator wrote:
I just found out that what we thought of as Point 7132 and as a false summit is actually know as North Chiwaukum. Check Peakbagger if you don't believe me. I'm going to make a page for it on summitpost.
AWWW HA! Did you hear when I was nick naming the point North Chiwaukum? I thought it was worthy of calling it that, nice find Adam, be sure to take the page on it. biggrin.gif

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostTue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 pm 
My Replies
Nice Photos Gimpilator and EastKing! We all did good!
the Zachster wrote:
Beautiful pics. Sounds like an excellent adventure! up.gif
Thanks, it most certainly was! If this weekend has good weather and good conditions I plan on having a even bigger adventure! biggrin.gif cool.gif
Movenhike wrote:
Wayout Pics, Looks Epic, seriously some nice photos in there!!
Thanks, they were fun to take up there, I remember wanting to take more, but I was much focused on the trip itself and getting down at a decent time.
TwoFortyJeff wrote:
Congrats on getting up there a second time around. I wish I could have been there to break trail. I really like that ridge.
The ridge was wonderful, at first had some worry to it, but found out it wasn't too terribly exposed, although I was plunging my ice axe nice and deep. wink.gif
RokIzGud wrote:
Right on, guys! Really awesome pictures. Looks like a great winter trip! Nice writting, Josh! up.gif up.gif
Thanks Collin, we got to get together again on another trip soon! The highest point I've been up this winter... so far. biggrin.gif
mtn.climber wrote:
Way to get it done this time around. Wish I could've been on the top with you.
I'm pretty sure you will get your chance this winter if you organize some members, say I would be willing to go back if someone from the West side was willing to have me come along.
Redwic wrote:
Wowsers!!! Nice!!! Wonderful!!! I just wish I had been invited, to share in the experience. rolleyes.gif
We figured you were busy going up Mount Goblin.
EastKing wrote:
I just realized this!! 30000 feet of elevation gain on mostly snow in the month of February! Way to go Josh!!!
That is a new record for me, but that is perhaps soon to be the casual, I hope soon to be taking the rank "Iron Jr." lol.gif
Damian wrote:
Excellent work all around Josh. Congrats.
Thanks! I gotta keep up with my runs so I can break trail the whole time. hockeygrin.gif
hitda peakz wrote:
stun.gif wow!!!! your trip reports keep getting better and better! Sounds like it was a very awesome trip. If you ever head to the south sound area, and need some more people....toss me a pm.... biggrin.gif
Glad to hear that there getting better. I meant it to be like this last year, but when Eastking and everyone else became busy, and I was all out of hikes, I started to go crazy. I went week after week after week without any adventure, and it got to the point where I became quite desparate, so if I requested a Rainier trip people would finally reply and that is where some of the action took off. dizzy.gif Now I am changed, am a responsible hiker and would not let temptation of a summit put me or my team in a lot of danger, which is why I was fine wether we summit or not on this trip. As for your offer, my transportaion if I am not with someone else is usually a bus and as far as I know Puyallup is about as close as I can get to Carbonado, although I suppose I could bike the rest of the distance. I was wanting to go to Camp Sherman, or atleast near it sometime from now to spring or I could settle for another hike idea.
Go Jo wrote:
To have a great experience with a strong team is what it's all about... for you. For me, it's all about the awesome eye candy you share on the internet when you get back! winksmile.gif Just kidding, it's wonderful to read these new and improved trip reports from you Flow. I believe you've found a solid & compatible group to share your mountain ambitions with. Keep it up! up.gif up.gif
Agreed, having great partners makes all the diffrence in the world, when I go out, I often hope not only to have people skilled, knowledgeable, responsible, ect but also I like having them be my friends. I've went out with people who were not so friend like before, which the results were not so great.
BearQueen wrote:
Awesome TR and pics! up.gif Pretty incredible!! Now I know why EastKing wanted to go there.
Indeed! Perhaps one of these days I might be able to join you on a trip.
Gimpilator wrote:
Josh this image is my favorite. Your photography always surpasses everyone else. Also, I can tell each time we go hiking that you've gotten a little stronger. Michael is really strong too. I know he was getting over a recent illness but he kept getting those bursts of energy. I thought he was going to wait for us in the saddle but then I turned around and he had come all that way and was right behind us. Great job on the trip report!
Thanks Gimpilator! I loved the purples while we were up there with the shadows, something I don't think you will ever see on the smaller peaks, or atleast not like this.
John Morrow wrote:
Could you folks label all the peaks in your photos for me, thanks. John Kidding! Great shots, especially the clarity of the zoom shots. For example: the pic labeled "Monte Cristo Peaks" by Flow actually shows the illegal wilderness highmarking going on by snowmobiles on the north side of Jove Peak. (lower left corner of pic)
I'll see what I can do, as it was it took me a few hours or so to put the trip report together with all the photos and videos and such. I'm glad other members can label as well which is a decent feature.
silence wrote:
nice stuff you guys ... i'm yearning to do one of these ...while the gettin is good .. josh you're doing such a great job with your photography and trip reports ... keep up the good work ....
Glad to hear, as I may have said before, if just one person enjoyed my writting and photos, it was worth posting! This year is gonna be a good year! smile.gif
TrailPair wrote:
Gorgeous views, and great weather! up.gif
Indeed it was, I just hope the same for next weekend!

Justus S.

Justus S.
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 am 
Some pretty cool looking pics you guys got. I'm sure way better in person. Nice! up.gif Way different looking in summer. TR

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 am 
Beautiful trip. Am I now the only person on this site who hasn't done Middle Chiwaukum? I especially liked the little group of rimed trees surrounded by their own wind gallery.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
freakshow

freakshow
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 am 
Nice job Flow and crew. up.gif Josh are you going to write something up about Red mtn? Keep up the good work. p.s are you still planning on doing the mounties thing?

wamtngal

wamtngal
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 pm 
Matt wrote:
Am I now the only person on this site who hasn't done Middle Chiwaukum?
There's a few that haven't...for instance, I know GeoTom would like to get to the top some day. winksmile.gif And while JustTodd and I have, we'd go again. It was a fun peak. Neat to see some pics of the summit this year...looked a little different last February...I always like comparison photos...
Carla nearing the top of the snowy ridge, then it flattened out to the final rocky push to the summit (on the right).
Carla nearing the top of the snowy ridge, then it flattened out to the final rocky push to the summit (on the right).
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
And we even got to sign the summit register at the top. tongue.gif
Obligatory summit shot (7,423 ft)
Obligatory summit shot (7,423 ft)

Opinions expressed here are my own.
BadDog

BadDog
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 pm 
CONGRATULATIONS!! Could Holly have done it? Now we can look forward to EK obsessing about his next peak. winksmile.gif

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm 
Miss Iris wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!! Could Holly have done it? Now we can look forward to EK obsessing about his next peak. winksmile.gif
It would have been a little scetch wether or not Holly could have done it. Holly would have to be very careful going up the last section.

TrailPair

TrailPair
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 6:50 pm 
Just for fun, here are a couple of shots of HP7130 from Scottish Lakes Highcamp area. They call it "Baldy".
Lake basins and Baldy from High Country road.
Lake basins and Baldy from High Country road.
Our turn around point at 6,700ft.
Our turn around point at 6,700ft.

This thing called work is interfering with my play
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostWed Mar 03, 2010 7:09 pm 
It seems interesting that even though so many people are claiming this to be a low snowfall year we had way more snow than last year at elevations above 6000' and way less below 3000'. Compare the photos. It really screws with trip planning and makes for unique conditions. I think some serious stuff is going on with our climate that is slightly disturbing.