Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > lebron james
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
photographerJim

photographerJim
PostFri May 23, 2003 12:22 am 
i hope he falls flat on his face and SUCKS..... no way should a KID fresh out of highschool get 90 million dollors for shoes, whatever happens i just hope the lakers dont somehow pick him up...... it woudl ruin this nice lakers dont get to get 4 rings in a row feeling i got going right now....

"Whoooo-Whoooo"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Greenspan

Greenspan
PostFri May 23, 2003 8:04 am 
it's called free enterprise. welcome to America. you must be new in the country.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
spanaway

spanaway
PostFri May 23, 2003 8:31 am 
But with the outrageous prices they are commanding, the price of shoes goes way up and then I can only afford to go barefoot. The only thing their mug adds to the shoe is price. down.gif agree.gif agree.gif (IMHO) If I step on a rattlesnake I should be able to sue these people. up.gif

Mr Chairman

Mr Chairman
PostFri May 23, 2003 10:06 am 
don't buy Nike then.

smclean

smclean
PostSat May 24, 2003 9:59 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
P.S., what's with people making up names to call their kids? Labron? Anybody ever heard that name before? TB
What’s it to you? Why should something being unique and different bother you to the point of raising a question about an individual’s name?

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSat May 24, 2003 10:56 am 
I've never understood how people can just sit there and watch sporting events. I find it exceedingly boring to watch someone else doing something. Playing sports is 10x more fun, but everyone takes competitive sports so seriously that it takes the fun out of it for me. I bailed on football, baseball and soccer growing up because winning became more important than enjoying yourself. I guess that's why I hike now. hmmm.gif I can't say I've heard the name Lebron either. And I agree that teachers should be pay much more then they are, reflecting what I consider their worth to society. Or at least adequate funding of schools would be nice at this point.

moon unit pizza

moon unit pizza
PostSat May 24, 2003 11:08 am 
As long as the namee can live with it.

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am 
He seems to have done reasonably well for himself... lol.gif

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Dec 18, 2014 9:55 am 
people cry a river about sports guys getting paid by the truck load - but I find that duck-mouthed, silicone implanted actors/actresses and "musicians" who depend on auto-tune to sound like music, get paid even more for doing way less. Just not publicized like the athletes financials are. The athletes (football anyway) are actually putting their lives on the line for our entertainment. And they work their a$$es off...instead of having them surgically altered. I mean how can the Brown Eyed Peas justify getting even one red cent for the horrible noise they make?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Nisquaww
Hot balls

Nisquaww
Hot balls
PostFri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 pm 
What a thread bump.

"Why do you have a beard?" "I don't have a beard. It's just the light; it plays funny tricks." ~ Shel Silverstein
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSun Dec 21, 2014 4:07 am 
PhotoJim, I would probably agree with you 'cuz I hate pro basketball too. But...my friend lives in a tony resort area in Pac NW and there was an elite, select conference for young, civic minded entrepreneurs(Gates was there) and Lebron was there and made quite a name for himself with his insight, business acumen, and willingness to listen and learn. I was duly impressed, although I still hate pro basketball. Football and soccer for me, although I will watch almost any athletic competition(love women's volleyball) except boxing. Tom