Forum Index > Partners > share a Whitney to Yosemite or Mammoth shuttle Aug 28 or 29
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
pete_a

pete_a
PostMon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 pm 
Have plans to hike the John Muir trail beginning August 30st, and are planning to use a shuttle bus service to get from Whitney Portal up to Yosemite Valley. I've spoke with a couple shuttle services and they charge per carload, not per person, so the cost of the shuttle will be a whole lot cheaper if we can find other folks who have the same starting schedule for the JMT. We'd like to find another party who's on a similar schedule....either wanting to go from whitney portal to yosemite on the 29th or from whitney portal to mammoth lakes on the 28th (and catching a YARTS bus from mammoth on into the valley) -Pete

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pete_a

pete_a
PostTue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 am 
Hey Jeff- long time no see! The shuttle from Whitney portal to yosemite valley runs about $600....not terrible when split four ways. Shuttle from the portal to Mammoth Lakes is $275, plus addtn cost for the YARTS bus to get into the valley. If we can't find another two folks to divy up the cost, then we'll probably hire a shuttle to mammoth and take the yarts bus from there, but that would take an extra day and with limited time away from work, an extra day is not ideal. Using the crest bus from lone pine would add on yet another day to getting back to yosemite, so that's not really an option for us.

Luc

Luc
PostTue Apr 13, 2010 7:03 pm 
yeah me and Olyboots hitched from the Portal to Yosemite in 4 or 5 rides. free.

GNGSTR
alexipratt

alexipratt
PostSun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm 
YARTS
I know this past year when my Dad and I did the JMT YARTS was closed for the year and we began right around August 30th. We ended up having to hire a private shuttle to get us back.