Forum Index > Partners > Lookout Mountain - Marblemount
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed May 05, 2010 8:37 pm 
Three Fingers has been on my list since last summer and WILL be accomplished this year (I promised myself). Planning on August or September. Don't know if I'll make the lookout, but I'll at least try. And I AM slow (and not afraid to admit that).

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
veronika

veronika
PostWed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm 
Brighidoon wrote:
Three Fingers has been on my list since last summer and WILL be accomplished this year (I promised myself). Planning on August or September. Don't know if I'll make the lookout, but I'll at least try. And I AM slow (and not afraid to admit that).
Well, I am up for it... I think we need to get a couple of expereienced hikers to go along.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed May 05, 2010 9:30 pm 
My best hiking buddy has already signed up for the trip. We're planning to do it as an over-nighter and camp at Goat Flats (because I don't think I'm strong enough to make the lookout or even Tin Can Gap and back to the trailhead all in one day). I'm going to spread my backpacking wings in the Pasayten, late June. First, I gotta get through this month.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
veronika

veronika
PostWed May 05, 2010 9:43 pm 
Sweet! Good luck and be sure to post the pics and TR! I will be looking forward to it.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Beer King

Beer King
PostFri May 07, 2010 2:14 pm 
I'd be willing to join, although I'm a newbie hiker. clown.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Cody s

Cody s
PostSat May 08, 2010 5:21 pm 
Are you talking about the hidden lake lookout at the end of hidden lake road? Off the cascade river road?

veronika

veronika
PostSat May 08, 2010 6:59 pm 
Lookout Mountain - Monogram Lake Trail #743 It is in the same area as Hidden Lake Lookout. It may be that it ends up at the same place but I am not too familiar with it. The directions give two locations. http://www.cooltrails.com/hllo.htm http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/activities/trails/mbrd_0743.htm

veronika

veronika
PostSat May 08, 2010 7:02 pm 
Beer King wrote:
I can't get in touch with you if you are not a member. You will need to e-mail me some contact info if you are truly interested. We can get something set up for sure. I would like to keep this up in the air until we get some more experienced volunteers.

Cody s

Cody s
PostSat May 08, 2010 8:23 pm 
Hell yea I'm interested, I always wanted to do that trail but never wanted to do it solo. PM me so we can work something out.

veronika

veronika
PostSat May 08, 2010 8:53 pm 
pm sent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostWed May 12, 2010 8:40 pm 
Beer King wrote:
That's the kind of statement somebody who is not a newbie hiker would say... suuure.gif

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu May 13, 2010 2:40 pm 
Redwic wrote:
That's the kind of statement somebody who is not a newbie hiker would say... suuure.gif
Lol, he came with me on Vesper in bad weather, and was horribly unprepared, and got extremely cold, the situation got quite bad, and we were scared we would have to carry him down Headlee Pass. Thank goodness we headed down in speedy time before that happened.

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostSun May 16, 2010 9:42 pm 
Hiker in training wrote:
Flow wrote:
Hiker in training wrote:
I also want to do Three Fingers lookout.
I've been up part of this mountain (Lookout Mountain, the one near Marblemount) during February of 2008 but I timed out and I heard a nasty avalanche above us. As for Three Fingers, I've summited it in September which was an awesome trip, and would be willing to go back there again. It would probably be better to do Three Fingers in later season unless you want to do some glacier travel or very steep snow travel. And if I were to come, you got a free trail breaker. wink.gif
I completely apologize... Wildernessed is absolutely right, there are too many mountains in Washington! Well, not too many but too many to keep them strainght. (Hence "Hiker in Trainig") tongue.gif It is Three Fingers that I REALLY want to do. Still want to do Lookout in MARBLEMOUNT as well.
I will be heading there in September which is the best time to be heading there. From the name HikerinTraining I don't know how much experience you have with glacier/snow travel but that is what will be required if you try the peak now. This time of year you would be safer on St. Helens or Shasta or maybe even Hood then Three Fingers. If you have little snow travel and ice axe experience I wouldn't do any of these mountains. Good luck. Maybe try North Mountain or Stinson Hill first then rise from there.

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
veronika

veronika
PostSun May 16, 2010 10:37 pm 
Thanks Eastking... I will def look into the two you mentioned.