Forum Index > Partners > Wonderland trail partner, 8/3 to 8/13
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DrakeBrimstone

DrakeBrimstone
PostFri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 am 
Talked to my boss, he said he would have an answer for me on Monday. I'll update you then.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DrakeBrimstone

DrakeBrimstone
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 pm 
It's on, boss gave me the time off, I'll PM you with some contact info.

goat mountain

goat mountain
PostSat Jul 24, 2010 6:52 pm 
[ Start 8/3 Sunrise to Mystic. Pick up permit by 10:00. 8.8 miles 8/4 Cataract , 6.9 miles [[can be wet xcept 4 a site or 2 near rocks]] 8/5 Mowich Lk Walk In , 6.5 miles [[what wrong w/ Eagle Roost?]] 8/6 Golden Lks , 10 miles [[look 4 ring of small stones above camp for cell coverage -- stand in the ring, not for AT&T?]] 8/7 Golden Lks Extra Day 8/8 Klapatche Park , 7.7 miles 8/9 Pyramid Creek , 12.4 miles [[skeeters less at Devils Dream]] 8/10 Maple Creek , (to Longmire is 3.7 miles, to Maple Creek, almost 14) [[if Nickel Creek still exists, highly recommend over Maple]] 8/11 Indian Bar , 9.9 miles 8/12 Summerland , 4.4 miles 8/13 Return to Sunrise , 9.7 miles It may be real hard to just pick up cache & leave Longmire what with FOOD and a BEER. Longmire -> Maple or Nickel gets long, 'specially from the crest all the way down. Trail may be brushy in that section. As suggested, this would be a nice solo. Note if they have given you "group site" or not on your permit. "Groups" seem to stay up all night yakking and you have to set up in the same basic site. Since most go 'round the other way, you may have to put up with noise just one night.

DrakeBrimstone

DrakeBrimstone
PostSat Jul 24, 2010 9:30 pm 
goat mountain wrote:
8/5 Mowich Lk Walk In , 6.5 miles [[what wrong w/ Eagle Roost?]]
My recomendation is to change for the Walkin to either Eagles Roost or South Mowich
goat mountain wrote:
8/6 Golden Lks , 10 miles [[look 4 ring of small stones above camp for cell coverage -- stand in the ring, not for AT&T?]]
I'll probably leave my phone off anyway wink.gif
goat mountain wrote:
8/9 Pyramid Creek , 12.4 miles [[skeeters less at Devils Dream]]
That would had 2-2.5 miles, though it is all down hill, to the trip the next day, not that I'd complain as thats 2.5 miles off of the longer day for me, but I doubt he wants a 16.5 mile day, longer if he goes to Nickle Creek.
goat mountain wrote:
8/10 Maple Creek , (to Longmire is 3.7 miles, to Maple Creek, almost 14) [[if Nickel Creek still exists, highly recommend over Maple]]
It was there 2 years ago, not sure why it wouldn't be now. That does extend the trip a few more miles from the original 14. Of course, getting any changes is iffy at this point with how many camps are fully booked already. Additionaly, it costs $20 a change if memory serves past the first one.

jimbobrian15

jimbobrian15
PostSun Aug 01, 2010 9:50 am 
Cancelled Trip
I'm bummed, I had to cancel this trip. I rolled my ankle badly last weekend after climbing Mt's Redoubt and Spickard in North Cascades. (#18 & #16 on Washington highest 100). The climbs were great. About two miles from the car, I stepped over a log and landed real wrongly. As the ankle rolled, I heard a popping sound. I hiked out on it, but it puffed up like an elephant foot and x-rays show one little crack. Together with strain on the ligaments, I'm not hiking for a month. I haven't sprained my ankle in years. I plan to book this same trip next summer, with some of the changes recommended. I did try to avoid Mowich Lk over S. Mowich River, but Rainier altered that part of my reservation. But the idea to do only one night at Golden Lks, and an extra night at Klapatche sounds very good.