Forum Index > Partners > Ashland lake, then twin falls
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mepokeu

mepokeu
PostTue Jun 15, 2010 1:29 pm 
Looking for a partner for a trip to Ashland lake and then to twin falls lake this weekend. Planning to leave either Fri afternoon or Sat morning. Ill be leaving from Des Moines and can offer a ride. I will be bringing my ferocious 3lb chihuahua tongue.gif Plan is to do some fishin and stay one night.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 am 
PM sent

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 am 
Ashland: Hiker report -snow free on 5/16. Trail in poor condition beyond to Twin Falls, not recommended for hiking. eek.gif Man, you better call off this death march! embarassedlaugh.gif I've always wanted to go to Twin Falls lake, never got around to it. Too bad I have to work this Saturday. frown.gif

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 am 
Meh I've already gone on that "death march" as a "death march" it's over rated. The "trail damage danger" is not all that bad. Just some broken slippery board walks. I'm half tempted to pack a few nails and scrap 2x4 ends to turn that busted bridge into a ladder. clown.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 am 
Yeah, it's funny to read that warning, then read a trip report and the person doesn't even mention the "dangerous" part. hmmm.gif

veronika

veronika
PostMon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
Meh I've already gone on that "death march" as a "death march" it's over rated. The "trail damage danger" is not all that bad. Just some broken slippery board walks. I'm half tempted to pack a few nails and scrap 2x4 ends to turn that busted bridge into a ladder. clown.gif
I have been on that "Death March" myself and it really is nothing. I think I can pack in the nails Hulk! hockeygrin.gif The trail gets lost on one part though and you really have to look for it. paranoid.gif I forgot my camera when I went so I have to go again someday.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.