Forum Index > Partners > Last Minute Hiking Availability Thread.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm 
I was thinking this might be a good idea. I am mostly last minute as far as my day hiking outings go and usually will change plans if the weather is not cooperating. So I thought people could post on this thread if they need a last minute partner/s. Possibly Goat lake tomorrow.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 6:39 pm 
Awww Shuksan! I just invited a friend over. wink.gif Well perhaps next time.

kathyb/oldgrrrl

kathyb/oldgrrrl
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 pm 
I'm in for Goat Lake, if you go. I just called you.

tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm 
This is kind of a good idea for a thread. That way if you are just going somewhere and maybe want to see if someone else wants to join up or meet you at the trailhead you could just post it here rather than in a new thread which sometimes gets buried or not noticed. Something planned more in advance would probably warrant a new thread.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I was thinking this might be a good idea. I am mostly last minute as far as my day hiking outings go and usually will change plans if the weather is not cooperating. So I thought people could post on this thread if they need a last minute partner/s. Possibly Goat lake tomorrow.
Again no Goat lake, I have planned to go there like 3 times and have yet to make it. The Mountain loop was closed to thru traffic at the bridge const. site, I think just for today. So we went to Pinnacle lake, the trail was typical with the addition of new blow downs. We got a little wet and cold and it was actually trying to snow at one point but we still had fun, definitely beat staying home. Was able to try out the Acertyx jacket that i just purchased and it worked famously! Stayed dry on top and with the vented sleeves I did not sweat. Now to get some lightweight pants that perform as well.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Movenhike
\m/..mmmmetal\m/

Movenhike
\m/..mmmmetal\m/
PostFri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm 
Good idea..but I'm all ears (eyes) as to whether last minute partner-posting is realistic. I get out, but I don't invest much effort into securing a partner. Hope this thread serves a purpose. up.gif

"Make it your Friend" -John Bull
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 am 
All of my hiking partners are busy during the next 3 days. I want to go on a day hike off the mountain loop before the closure on Tuesday I believe it is?, from the GFalls side. So anyone wanting a day hike partner during the next 3 days, {7-23--7-26}, please send me a PM. I am open to any and all day hike destinations.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 am 
I'm playing hooky from work tomorrow. But i plan on heading up Persis and spending the night up there. So Saturday morning i plan on coming down, just to head up in the Pinnacle Lake area. Likely maybe spend the night up there too.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
veronika

veronika
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 am 
pm sent

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 1:22 am 
Hulksmash wrote:
I'm playing hooky from work tomorrow. But i plan on heading up Persis and spending the night up there. So Saturday morning i plan on coming down, just to head up in the Pinnacle Lake area. Likely maybe spend the night up there too.
I wonder if the trail to the cutthroat lakes is snow free? I have never been there. Sounds like a great place. An over nighter there would be cool.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Hulksmash wrote:
I wonder if the trail to the cutthroat lakes is snow free? I have never been there. Sounds like a great place. An over nighter there would be cool.
I'm willing to bet it is. This was 20 days ago. At minimum it is likely just small patches.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Movenhike
\m/..mmmmetal\m/

Movenhike
\m/..mmmmetal\m/
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 am 
Who might want to do the Golden Lakes Loop in the Chelan Sawtooths this weekend? I was planning to leave saturday morning (tommorrow) for three nights. Lakes, peaks, ridges, meadow-basins etc. Sometimes I move pretty fast and sometimes I move pretty slow. smile.gif

"Make it your Friend" -John Bull
Hansome

Hansome
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 6:21 pm 
I'm thinking of heading up to Hidden Lake Peak, especially after seeing the photos of cascade pass area.

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 pm 
Going to Royal basin Sat; High Divide loop on Sun and Cascade pass in the N Cascades on Monday but I did research the Chelan Beartooths and they look awesome

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 pm 
Hansome wrote:
I'm thinking of heading up to Hidden Lake Peak, especially after seeing the photos of cascade pass area.
up.gif up.gif up.gif