Forum Index > Partners > Last Minute Hiking Availability Thread.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 2:30 pm 
Flow wrote:
I been rained on too much these days that I'm rained out
Too funny; I think I've only had to put my rain jacket on once since April and that was in the 'Chants in September. Am I lucky or do I just have a knack for calling it? Dunno.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm 
Once? Where have you been going? I've got so many cloudy pictures this year because of how much clouds there has been. Am I just going at all the wrong times?

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 3:13 pm 
Flow wrote:
Once? Where have you been going? I've got so many cloudy pictures this year because of how much clouds there has been. Am I just going at all the wrong times?
I'll admit, Josh, that I have the flexability to be able to (mostly) cherry pick the best of three days (Friday - Sunday) every week. I'll also admit that about half my trips this year have been East of the Crest.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 4:36 pm 
I decided in spite of the 100% chance of rain {those forecasters are getting good!} to accompany Jesswriter on her hike to Cutthroat lakes on the Walt Bailey trail. That hike definitely gave me a new outlook on the term "watershed". I had on a rain coat, rain pants, gloves, and waterproof boots, which actually kept me dry for about 1/2 the hike. Can't wait to go back next Summer. I was halfway hoping that she would cancel, when I told her that after the hike, she said she was thinking the same thing. She is a cool partner, and obviously stubborn like me. Can't have her hiking alone ya know. eek.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 4:44 pm 
Flow wrote:
I would love to go on a trip, but I been rained on too much these days that I'm rained out. I guess I need to tell myself "Where's your sense of adventure?". cool.gif But once the snow comes back, I'll be rocking. agree.gif
The key is watching the weather and being flexible right to the last minute sometimes even driving on from a first choice to something else. If you get totally fixed on one destination and just go there you are a lot more likely to be hiking in less than desirable weather.

Pikawhisperer
Wag More, Bark Less!

Pikawhisperer
Wag More, Bark Less!
PostSat Oct 22, 2011 12:02 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
That hike definitely gave me a new outlook on the term "watershed".
Still drying!! Great hiking with you smile.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 am 
My gear is still drying, that's for sure, was great hiking with you as well. Maybe this thread will keep going after all, I hope so, because beings that I work weekends, it can be difficult to find partners. The forecast so far is looking good for wed at least, and hopefully thur-fri, I might make it to that seekrit lake and catch a fish before the snow flies after all. slobber.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 am 
I think Ill head over to the Twisp area Sunday. Supposed to be good weather over there through Wednesday. Gonna tray and bag me some lakes.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm 
Plan to dayhike Cascade pass and Sahale arm on Thursday, have room for one more, leaving early am from Verlot. Friday hike to a won't be named gr8 fishing lake off the mountain loop, head in Friday aft, fish, camp one night, head back sat late aft.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Aug 08, 2014 9:17 pm 
Plan to do an overnight hike-fish early this wed out on the mountain loop, return thurs late afternoon. One tentative partner, pm for details if interested in joining.