Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pratt Mt 6-22-10
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostThu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 am 
I always enjoy a rematch and this was no exception. I attempted this a few years back in the winter with Type E and Coasty and got turned back high up on the ridge. Not to mention I was hoping to clear my head from a crappy hike on Sunday.
The beginning of the trail
The beginning of the trail
Very green trail with sunlight
Very green trail with sunlight
Falling water
Falling water
I'll keep the words short but mention that the trail from the Talpus Lake TH was rather muddy in spots. I encountered a few small patches on snow along the east side of Olallie Lake and then again in the west side of Pratt Mt. The talus/boulder field on the west side was mostly snow covered too.
Snow along the upper flanks of Pratt
Snow along the upper flanks of Pratt
I got to the top and found 2 other people up there enjoying the clear day.
Mt Defiance and Lake Kula Kula
Mt Defiance and Lake Kula Kula
West Granite and Granite Mt
West Granite and Granite Mt
Island Lake
Island Lake
I headed back down via the southeast ridge and stopped at Olallie for a bit before heading on my way.
Olallie Lake
Olallie Lake
I passed a non-conversationalist guy then came upon another guy. I recognized him and said "Hey Tom!" He looked at me puzzled and bewildered, I then said "Backpacker Joe.......it's Bryan from NWHikers." We shot the breeze for about 10 minutes before heading down the trail again. I met his nephew Hunter and at Talapus I stopped for photos and video and they continued on to their car.
Talapus Lake
Talapus Lake
Made it back down to the car 6 hours after I left it and saw Tom again at the TH along wth about a dozen cars. On my way home I got a flat tire and due to a cross threaded bolt thanks to a tire shop in Kirkland, I broke one of the studs off.... Here's the video....

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am 
Hey Bryan, it was great seeing you up there. Nice work.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message