Forum Index > Partners > Partner wanted 7/12, 7/13: Baker,Shuksan?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Aaron2014

Aaron2014
PostSun Jul 11, 2010 10:40 am 
I was just hoping to find a partner to get out and climb some mountains with. A couple of mountains i'm considering are Baker, Shuksan, Eldorado, Maude, or Winchester. But i'd definitely consider other peaks that you want to do. I've got transportation and lots of gear. PM me with your experience...and be honest. I'll be honest about mine.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostSun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 pm 
A car and a gear are one thing, do you know how to use the gear and how to safely travel across glaciers? Please understand the nature of my asking. What experience do you have? Any summits/trips to tell us about? I won't be on Baker or Shuksan anytime soon, so I'm not asking these questions for my benefit, but for that of my fellow members. Hope you find partners to join you on your trips smile.gif

Aaron2014

Aaron2014
PostSun Jul 11, 2010 2:04 pm 
I took a 2 day course on basic mountaineering and glacier travel that culminated with climbing baker (we turned around ~8000ft from bad weather tho, i'd rather get home safe than risk it). I've climbed N. Twin Sister, Mt. Ruth, a couple 14ers in colorado (greys and torreys), and some smaller peaks like goat, church, excelsior, etc in snow conditions. I've been taught a lot by my dad who was a very active member of mountain rescue for most of his life. Basically, i've got the knowledge just looking to get out and gain some experience!!!