Forum Index > Partners > 7/31 dayhike loop - Aasgard/Cannon/Coney
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ONELUV1

ONELUV1
PostMon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 am 
yowzer wrote:
HiT wrote:
I will be heading out from Bellevue at 6pm on Friday night to car camp near Leavenworth. I can swing through Seattle and pic some up.
Camping the night before sounds good to me. Coming from Issaquah, so easy to meet at Eastlake P&R or another convenient location.
Do you want to meet somewhere and ride together on the way up seeing as HIT is out? Anybody else? I'm in Capitol Hill.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
veronika

veronika
PostMon Jul 26, 2010 10:54 am 
Tall Hiker Man wrote:
HiT wrote:
Now that I have all three traveling summit registers and need to place them all next weekend, I may be out.
I don't know the etiquite of the traveling summit registers, but I there are numerous peaks along our trip. We talked about Cannon being a little "airy," but there's also Enchantment Peak, Little Annapurna & Dragontail. Having said that, I think hitting all of those would take a pretty fast speed & sturdy legs (though I was hoping for 3 of the 4 myself). No worries if you can't make it though. I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go!
If we could hit a peak or two, that would be great. I was actually thinking of Little Annapurna. It was recommended by some fellows I met up on Townsend. Is Little Annapurna a route from the route we are supposed to do Saturday? If so, I could start the hike with everyone and then head off on my own to there? That would be good. It would sure beat Dirty Face again. rolleyes.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Tall Hiker Man

Tall Hiker Man
PostMon Jul 26, 2010 11:22 am 
Little Annapurna is a pretty easy scramble that's right along our route. I'm sure others will be interested in doing it with you. We can find a way. I think I'd rather hit Dragontail (I've been to lil' Anna), in which case we could all meet up at the top of Aasgard to head down. The point - we have options.

veronika

veronika
PostMon Jul 26, 2010 11:39 am 
Sounds good... I can deal with that. We can work out the details during the course of the week.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
yowzer

yowzer
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 8:07 am 
I'm not committed to any particular peak or route. I've never been in the area and just want to go up something convenient while we're there. So Cannon, Dragontail, Annapurna, or whatever else all sound good. I don't think I'm physically capable of getting all in one day, though.

Tall Hiker Man

Tall Hiker Man
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am 
Looks like our group is me, Kyle Flick (a buddy of mine that posts on cascadeclimbers), HiT, Yowzer & ONLUV1. I have a couple other buddies that may join us. Great group! Just making sure everyone knows - we'll meet at the Leavenworth Park & Ride at 5:45am Saturday the 31st. The Park & Ride is easy to find, it's right on hwy 2 between Cashmere Valley Bank and the Forest Service. My non-nwhikers name is Brad Blackburn, I'll be rockin' my blue outback. I'm actually a tiny little dude (THM makes me chuckle every time and has given those that know me a laugh or two). If you need to contact me last minute, my cell is 509-860-1929. Sounds like the weather will be great, so sunblock & sunglasses will be mandatory (don't wanna be your Mama - sorry, just being thorough). It also sounds as though it'll be buggy. Ugh.. I expect this to be an all day affair so I'll have a headlamp. Lastly, I think at least an ice axe will be needed. We'll be looking at a steep snow descent to Coney Lake, a steep climb from Coney Lake up to the Druid Plateau & then a steep snow descent from the Druid Plateau to the Lorelei Lakelets. Good times! I'm excited to meet you all!

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm 
Does anyone have a spare ice ax I can borrow?

Tall Hiker Man

Tall Hiker Man
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 pm 
HiT wrote:
Sorry - I'm already borrowing one smile.gif You were doing 7FJ without an ice axe? I thought that was pretty steep & a little cliffy in places.

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm 
Tall Hiker Man wrote:
HiT wrote:
Sorry - I'm already borrowing one smile.gif You were doing 7FJ without an ice axe? I thought that was pretty steep & a little cliffy in places.
Yes... no ice ax was needed though. The sun was on my side! up.gif

kyle d

kyle d
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm 
If it doesn't put us over the group limit, I'm still interested in this one. If it does, no worries, I'll find something else.

Tall Hiker Man

Tall Hiker Man
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 3:17 pm 
kyle d wrote:
If it doesn't put us over the group limit, I'm still interested in this one. If it does, no worries, I'll find something else.
I think we'll be ok Kyle. You make 8 if all 3 of my other friends make it (I'm guessing only one does though). Great to have you!

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 7:03 pm 
Okay... I got an ice ax! up.gif