Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 am 
Vertical Smile wrote:
Cascade Hunter wrote:
Tom wrote:
What's the difference from... http://hunting-washington.com/ They even have a ladies board, awww, how sweet.
I started mine after getting kicked off of that one. They hate liberals, hikers, Obama etc. If you support any of that they ban you. I started mine to be for everyone. Hopefully I get some members after I'm completely up and running.
I checked out the other site and you seemed to catigorize 5000 + people into liberal,hiker and Obama haters. Seems like a good reason to go sit in the corner and start your own site. If you dont agree with some else that joins your site are you going to ban them? Hopefully it works out for you.
I have an idea for you, VS: you could learn how to read. For one thing, he said he got kicked off of that board, so he is not "going off to sit in a corner." Seriously, whoever your teachers were in school, they should have to pay back the money they made teaching you, if you think sitting in a corner is an apt analogy for someone who responds to a problem with a positive action. And the insulting, snarky tone of this response is totally on purpose, and reflects your insulting tone in your response. The difference is my post here has actual thought put into it, instead of whatever it is that you do. Secondly, an independent witness with no partisan agenda (and who happens to be the host of this website) confirmed CH's characterization of the climate of the board. You offer nothing to refute this other than the stale illogic of claiming it's wrong to say something even if it's correct. Since he himself was kicked off a board for simply disagreeing with the dominant paradigm, he knows what it feels like, and will be less likely to inflict that on others. You however conclude his experience will make him more likely to treat others the same negative way that he was treated. So you make false assumptions about others, probably based on how you would react in a similar situation.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 10:15 am 
Well put, Sluggo. My sentiments exactly...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 12:42 pm 
Thanks, Mike. I came back to this thread because I thought maybe I was a bit rough on him. I actually toned down my original post considerably before posting it. embarassedlaugh.gif

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 pm 
There are always 2 sides to every story. I'm guessing it was more than being a registered democrat that led to the ban. Just sayin...

Cascade Hunter

Cascade Hunter
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 3:47 pm 
Tom wrote:
There are always 2 sides to every story. I'm guessing it was more than being a registered democrat that led to the ban. Just sayin...
Yeah, I called Fox News "Faux News" and debunked an email supposedly written by some Navy pilot. Oh yeah, and I called them racist Obama haters. Then one of them posted a picture of Obama dressed as a slave carrying a pitcher of kool-aid (racial stereotype). Then I was banned. http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,52647.0.html

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm 
In that thread there's reference to past friction. Not saying it was right of them to ban you for what you said in that thread (lame) but there seems to be more to it than just politics.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 pm 
It is a good idea to check out a board before jumping in with both feet. It is pretty obvious that that board is filled with right wing yahoos, such people get offended with little provocation. Similarly, when you started here you started offending people from the start by asking the whereabouts of animals to shoot. Pretty much guaranteed to tic people off on a hikers board. Unless you want a career as a troll ticking folks off is not a real good way to go. I would suggest cascadeclimbers spray if you want to talk politics folks there are pretty thick skinned and you will only get panned for threats or posting p0rn.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
jimmylegs
"BRB...JK."

jimmylegs
"BRB...JK."
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
It is pretty obvious that that board is filled with right wing yahoos, such people get offended with little provocation.
unlike the left wing yahoos here lol.gif

guns don't kill people, blood loss and organ damage do.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 8:24 pm 
mfa wrote:
Malachai Constant wrote:
It is pretty obvious that that board is filled with right wing yahoos, such people get offended with little provocation.
unlike the left wing yahoos here lol.gif
Actually, left wing yahoo is an oxymoron as everyone knows all left wingers are gay wimps and yahoos by definition are testosterone driven ubermacho men wink.gif Because they are gay wimps nothing offends them as they had a lifetime of swirleys and wedgies inflicted by said yahoos wink.gif Oh and by the way this site is apolitical huh.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
It is a good idea to check out a board before jumping in with both feet. It is pretty obvious that that board is filled with right wing yahoos, such people get offended with little provocation.
Oh please. You lefties are the most intolerant people on earth! Let's be fair here and say that both sides get offended easily shall we? Hmm.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln