Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Le Tour
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
analogkid

analogkid
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 pm 
Yep, stage one is finished and, yep, I don't know which of the riders will be busted for doping this year, but I still watch. Two riders didn't start today after crashing during the prologue time trial. One rider with a broken jaw and shoulder. Harsh to be out after not even riding a formal stage. The last couple of kilometers or so, after the last hairpin, was a bit hair raising. Classic sprint finish. Won't say anymore at the risk of spoiling.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 1:59 pm 
I particularly enjoyed watching Mark Cavendish crash. Did you see him try and push the other rider (Lampre perhaps) off the road? He's such a punk. I rarely would say this, but it's a shame he didn't get hurt. I don't really care to see him stand on any podiums this tour. Go Tyler Farrar!!! Here's to a Schleck, Vande Velde, or Evans GC victory. I hope Lance and Contador both bonk on the Col du Tormalet (though I'll be pulling for Lance over Contador).

analogkid

analogkid
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 3:39 pm 
Layback wrote:
I particularly enjoyed watching Mark Cavendish crash. Did you see him try and push the other rider (Lampre perhaps) off the road? He's such a punk. I rarely would say this, but it's a shame he didn't get hurt. I don't really care to see him stand on any podiums this tour. Go Tyler Farrar!!! Here's to a Schleck, Vande Velde, or Evans GC victory. I hope Lance and Contador both bonk on the Col du Tormalet (though I'll be pulling for Lance over Contador).
Yup; was hoping Tyler would be able to charge at the front; not today though. Love it when Phil and Paul start getting amped towards the end of a sprint stage. Wouldn't mind seeing one of the Schlecks or Evans atop the podium but, not sure how confident I am it will happen.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 4:20 pm 
All, Damn, Tour de France and World Cup at the same time. Life is good. Tom

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 5:34 pm 
Layback wrote:
I hope Lance and Contador both bonk on the Col du Tormalet (though I'll be pulling for Lance over Contador).
i'll be in France during stage 16, up.gif so if you're watching the tour, pan the crowd and see if you find me......i'll be the short nwhiker biggrin.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 6:13 pm 
Give it up boys. What position is Lance at?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 6:41 pm 
Nice bcfc. I'm jealous. BPJ - He has 4 seconds over Contador and a minute over Andy Schleck (who sucked in the prologue). Nothing other than the prologue that affects the GC has happened yet. Tomorrow is on cobblestones, that could cause a disruption, but it's not likely. He's in 4th place right now behind people that don't matter.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 pm 
Thanks LB. Ive got to pay closer attention.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
analogkid

analogkid
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
Layback wrote:
I hope Lance and Contador both bonk on the Col du Tormalet (though I'll be pulling for Lance over Contador).
i'll be in France during stage 16, up.gif so if you're watching the tour, pan the crowd and see if you find me......i'll be the short nwhiker biggrin.gif
Just hold up a big flag with a geoduck on it.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
on the 21 of July, i'll be in Pau....(rest day for the riders) biggrin.gif will try my best to be partying with whomever chickenleg.gif dance.gif rockband.gif all i can think of is bringing my tibetan prayer flags ...... if you see the flags during the col du tormalet stage, that be me! unless someone else has some flags, too!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Jul 04, 2010 9:32 pm 
Layback wrote:
Nice bcfc. I'm jealous.
sorry tongue.gif ...... hey, i thought you'll be heading to the matterhorn area sometime for some climbing. so after the stage 16, i'm hiking around mont blanc, then to zermatt for more hiking. i think i'll have time to say hey to the matterhorn! biggrin.gif

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 pm 
Interactive map of the 2010 route. Clicking an icon gives some info http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?q=http://paris.thover.com/images/blog/tdf/2010/tdf2010.kml&t=t1

analogkid

analogkid
PostMon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 pm 
Mucho carnage today...

analogkid

analogkid
PostTue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 am 
Ahh, stage 3, the cobbles...

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm 
analogkid wrote:
Mucho carnage today...
up.gif Too bad about Frank. Lance lost some major time that could effectively take him off the podium if he isn't supreme in the mountains. This is Cadel's year baby!!!