Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Le Tour
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
analogkid

analogkid
PostFri Jul 16, 2010 5:17 pm 
Good thing they wear helmets now...never know when you'll catch an unsuspecting headbutt.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 pm 
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the reason why Radioshack sucks so bad this year is because they are being watched for doping in a way that they never have been before (as a result of the Landis stuff)? I've never thought that Leipheimer was really a GC contender but even Kloden is sucking donkey balls. And Armstrong falling all over the place??? Does that seem odd to anyone else? Maybe they aren't able to shoot up like before? I know, conspiracy theory stuff... And yes they are leading CD for the overall team lead, but they don't look like their former selves (not that it's a bad thing).

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 am 
bonjour from argeles-gazost! it is me, bcfc53!! I forgot my user/password so I had to set a new username. anyway no transport to col du tormulet so here at argeles-gazost. Stage 16 will come through here tomorrow, France time! Hope to get some photos!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
analogkid

analogkid
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 am 
I wish I would have been around when the yellow jersey used to take the race by the horns and lead the charge themselves which, probably, hasn't been the case in most years. Schleck looked like he was pretty much in cruise control yesterday. He doesn't have that big of a gap on Contador and if Conty is such a good TT then it seems he needs to widen things a bit. I know there are still three alpine stages remaining, but it would sure be nice to see a yellow jersey drive the race once in a while.

analogkid

analogkid
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 am 
bobbi.53 wrote:
bonjour from argeles-gazost! it is me, bcfc53!! I forgot my user/password so I had to set a new username. anyway no transport to col du tormulet so here at argeles-gazost. Stage 16 will come through here tomorrow, France time! Hope to get some photos!
Fabulous! Look forward to some pics. Are you able to get out and ride any of the course at all?

tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 am 
Well Radio Shack is only 8 seconds behind in the team competition. They just don't have anyone that has the legs to hang with the big boys. Good balance but no one is in their best form this year. I think Andy needs to do something soon though or he will lose it in the time trial.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 9:23 am 
analogkid wrote:
bobbi.53 wrote:
Fabulous! Look forward to some pics. Are you able to get out and ride any of the course at all?
Walked a very small portion of the route in A-G. Lots of bikers today doing the col du T. No biking for me! Narrow streets!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Jul 19, 2010 10:36 pm 
I only have one thing to say about today: Alberto Contador is a pussy.

analogkid

analogkid
PostTue Jul 20, 2010 6:24 am 
Booo Alberto! Interested to see how the peloton reacts. Hopefully Schleck didn't gas himself so much trying to trim the gap back down that he can't fight back today. I wonder if he broke a tooth on the ring he was on or if he actually tried shifting on the climb. The latter is really tough to do, especially if the chain is under tension. Tough, tough stage today and I will do all I can to avoid catching results as I watch the 5 p.m. replay. Could be very exciting, especially as I believe tomorrow is a rest day.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostTue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 am 
Back from argeles- gazost! I think I got a photo of lance! I will try to find an Internet cafe to post photos. off to Pau for tour's rest day!

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 6:43 am 
andy in white
andy in white
sorry this is on its side...can't seem to get it correct but i believe that's Lance
Lance on the right
Lance on the right
Amy and bobbi
Amy and bobbi

analogkid

analogkid
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 am 
Thanks for the pics. Now where are the images of the fog enshrouded Tourmalet. Please tell us you rode up there. Hope you're having fun over there!

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 am 
I like them all except for the one of Andy in white. Can you please hit that with PhotoShop and make it yellow? Bummer that Contador was able to stick with Andy yesterday. I must admit that I'm surprised that the time bandit gave Schleck the win. I suppose he figured there'd be less booing that way. FWIW, I just ordered a new cycling jersey yesterday. It's a SaxoBank Champion of Luxembourg jersey.

analogkid

analogkid
PostFri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am 
Layback wrote:
I like them all except for the one of Andy in white. Can you please hit that with PhotoShop and make it yellow? Bummer that Contador was able to stick with Andy yesterday. I must admit that I'm surprised that the time bandit gave Schleck the win. I suppose he figured there'd be less booing that way. FWIW, I just ordered a new cycling jersey yesterday. It's a SaxoBank Champion of Luxembourg jersey.
I doubt Conty really thought he needed to take the stage if he is confident that he will further gap Andy in the TT. It was hard to tell if either of them really had the legs to attempt an attack by the time they got to the Tourmalet. I was really hoping that Andy would give it a serious go at some point. It was fun to watch the two of them climbing up through the fog and crowds and, even though I wish Conty didn't take the maillot jaune the way he did, it was good to see the top two leading the way up. Nice jersey too! up.gif

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Jul 24, 2010 9:07 am 
31+8=39, which is what Alberto stole from Andy on Stage 15. Alberto may have "won" the Tour, but he did not beat Andy. I hope that reality haunts him forever. Edit: Bad math.