Forum Index > Partners > Building a Trail at Index Town Walls (Trail Help Needed)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSun Aug 01, 2010 12:35 am 
My friend Mark has an Eagle Scout Project where he would be building a trail at the Index Town Wall (near the city of Index). We need as many volunteers as possible. Here is a page on it: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123546207692078 For those who do not have facebook, here is some info on it: My Eagle Scout project has been approved and will be taking place on the weekend of August 14th and 15th. I am looking for volunteers who will be available on one or both of these days. Any help is appreciated. This project will consist of building a trail at the Index Town Walls, a popular rock climbing location currently undergoing a purchase by Washington State Parks. Sandwiches and cookies will be provided. Work hours ...are from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on both days, but with enough volunteers, we might be able to accomplish the project faster. The trail will be approximately 1,000 feet long and follows the bottom of a natural cliff band. Bring work shoes and a day pack with snacks and water. There is unofficial free camping located directly across from the walls. Index is about 1 hour east of Mukilteo, so carpooling is encouraged but not required. Please let me know as soon as possible whether or not you will be able to help. Thank you, Mark ------------------------------------------------------------ For those who do not know much about Index, here is a page: http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/236229/index.html If you have any questions on this, ask Mark @ geckozoo@gmail.com

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSun Aug 01, 2010 9:09 pm 
huh.gif Is there not already a trail there? Perhaps my memory is flawed, embarassedlaugh.gif and i'm thinking about a different trail in the area.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Anna Mae
or may not

Anna Mae
or may not
PostThu Aug 05, 2010 7:34 am 
I think you're right, Hulk. Any of those cliff bands that are used heavily enough to need a path already have one. Maybe that's why the scout was able to get his project approved. hmmm.gif Any trail building done is likely to be more nearly trail improvement, which is fine. It's too bad that most attempts to improve social trails gets shot down so fast. Anna Mae

Against stupidity ...... the gods themselves ...... contend in vain.
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 pm 
I hear it was a success. I could not go because I was at camp.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:30 pm 
There's a four wheel drive path on top that comes right to the cliff face... hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:50 pm 
I suppose there is some spot there that does not have a trail. Or atleast at the time, I was told it was a lot of work and they had a few others helping.

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostSun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 pm 
I would guess they picked an existing trail and did an improvement. There are trails all over the place. The main trail to the top of the wall was in pretty good shape, maybe they improved that one? The 4x4 road up top is no longer. Closed due to DNRs sticky fingers. At the rate DNR is going with the Reiter mess it will be 5 years till anything is open in there again. mad.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles