Forum Index > Trip Reports > Easy Pass 7/9/2010
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
KE7VWH

KE7VWH
PostWed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 pm 
This was a really nice hike! We ended up getting stuck in some crazy traffic, the freeway was closed off for a little while I think because of a truck accident. When we finally made it to the top of the pass it was about midnight, but we both still had a lot of fun! It was beautiful! The river was kind of tricky getting across. When I did this hike last year, the river was a fraction of the size.
The snow started right as the trees started to thin. By this time it was getting pretty late so we took one last picture and put the camera away.
The hike up the pass was pretty snowey. We didn't use the trail at all, partly because there was too much snow to find the trail, and partly because it was dark and we lost it.
Fisher Basin was really pretty too
We climbed up the peak to the right (when looking at the pass from the road). I think it's called Kitling Peak? It was really nice up there too!
Fisher Basin from Kitling Peak
Headed back down to the pass
Looking over at Kitling peak from the other side
Sunrise
Me perched on the snow trying to smile and take a picture of myself without falling
Easy pass
Red algae?
Headed home
Glissading down saves time and is really fun!
We slid down a long ways
Finally out of the snow
The river had gotten a lot bigger!
Overall it was a great trip. Lots of snow, perfect weather. Only thing I would have changed was to get to the trail head a lot earlier smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
dropkick

dropkick
PostFri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 pm 
Very cool! Easy pass is one I've been eying for awhile now. The 3 hour drives to a for a day hike is getting a little old though. I didn't think there would still be that much snow up there.

tigermn

tigermn
PostSat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 am 
Yea this one is on my list somewhere. Maybe by October the will be gone just in time to come back... lol.gif