Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Sleepless In Seattle???
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
like2thruhike

like2thruhike
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 am 
'Just wondering besides church,friends,the local co-op,and NWH where are singles meeting these days,online?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
veronika

veronika
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 9:59 am 
Good question... I am wondering the same. I do have to say you meet alot of people online but it has MAJOR disadvantages. The grocery store theory does not work.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
jennmonkey
chupacabra

jennmonkey
chupacabra
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 am 
I did some online dating awhile back and had decent luck with okcupid. It's free, and I met my last boyfriend on there. I've known people to do match.com, but I never tried it.

veronika

veronika
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 am 
I have two friends that were married from Match.com but I will not pay for an online dating site. I personally had no luck a few years back with ok cupid. Plenty of fish is free and have had luck with finding friends but nothing more. A few have been close friends for about three years now. I can't do the online thing anymore. Too many idjuts these days as opposed to a few years prior.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 am 
There are a lot of friendly and willing women to be found in North Bend. Often, as I'm cruising down the main drag on my way to Mount Si, all kinds of gals will show some skin and wave their Northwest Forest Pass as I drive by. If I stop, they'll sometimes sashay up to my window and purr, "Looking for a hiking partner?" "Sure. How much?" I'll ask. "50 bucks. An extra 50 if you want to scramble. And no kinky stuff. If I see any ropes, clips, or carabiners, I'm outta there." But be careful. The last hiking partner I picked up turned out to be an undercover vice ranger for the parks service.

veronika

veronika
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 10:53 am 
hijacked.gif rotf.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
But be careful. The last hiking partner I picked up turned out to be an undercover vice ranger for the parks service.
Friendly reminder: NWHookers.net is not a forum for fishing enthusiasts. devilsmile.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 11:10 am 
ditto.gif The problem with on line dating. Personality tests: Sure they may be scientifically based. But that science useless when the test taker fakes the data, by not being brutally honest when answering the scientifically based questions. In short LIAR! Free form add: This takes a some creativity to stand out from the thousands of other personal adds. So the most interesting person is a contrived fairy tail created from the mind of an obsessive compulsive pathological LIAR! The cream of the crop of LIARS can be found at these sites. The honest ones: Yep, there are some honest people to be found on dating sites. The problem is that these people are likely to be so obtuse that no one else can stand being around them. This is why they are single in the first place.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
veronika

veronika
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am 
You have to weed through the BS profiles and honestly, been there, done that... too much work IMO. That's why I say there are ALOT of disadvantages to online dating, the pathological liars. And the omittance of key personality traits. shakehead.gif I have come to the conclusion that I am single because of my lifestyle rather than choice. hockeygrin.gif That is my story and I am sticking to it! clown.gif

Canuck

Canuck
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 am 
I met my husband in a dive bar in Ballard. We were both drunk. That was almost 17 years ago. So spend some time in the Sloop Tavern, you might get lucky. biggrin.gif I have a good friend who met/married from match.com. But he said the same thing - he met a lot of weirdo women who were big fat liars and it was hard to wade through all the crappy ones.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 12:06 pm 
Not looking worked for me, but that might be because of my irresistible charm and utter perfection. clown.gif

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm 
You might also try your local library. I heard that if you throw a dead cat at the Seattle Downtown Library, chances are you'll hit a woman who either gets turned on by that sort of thing, or is desperate enough to not care. But it has to be a dead cat. I tried it with a live raccoon once and almost got arrested.

Yet

Yet
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 pm 
Yana wrote:
Not looking worked for me, but that might be because of my irresistible charm and utter perfection. clown.gif
up.gif

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 pm 
Met my wife on an internet dating site, but that was like 15 years ago and I'm sure it's a little different now, but that has worked out very well. As a married guy not looking my advice probably isn't worth all that much, but darn, I see a lot of women hiking alone or with other women out there. I've told my single non hiker friends to go hiking and bring a cute or very ugly dog. Note: I mostly hike Mt loop hwy area as it's close to my house.

Mrs. Baker

Mrs. Baker
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm 
Yeah, agreed. I first met my beautiful husband on a snowshoe trip years ago. Then last summer, we met again and the timing was perfect. Timing has a lot to with the hooking up equation.