Forum Index > Trip Reports > Glasses Lake - Little Wenatchee 10-6 & 7-2010
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:27 pm 
With a couple of beautiful fall days staring me in the face I pulled out my to do list of easy enjoyable solo hikes. I had taken my kids into Heather Lk several times before they grew up and flew the nest but going on to Glasses Lk had always eluded me. Knowing the trail was brushy and usually wet I felt no need to get a real early start, Heather Lk came into sight around 10:30 am. Since other posts suggested good camp sites up at Glasses I humped my full pack around Heather and up the hill.
Trail Head
Trail Head
Heather Lk
Heather Lk
Boulder Field Before Glasses Lk
Boulder Field Before Glasses Lk
Glasses Lk
Glasses Lk
Glasses Lk2
Glasses Lk2
Good camp sites yes, if you happen to be using a tent! But sites by the lake had no visible sign of hammock trees. After a leisurely lunch soaking up views I humped my full pack back down the hill to camp with lake views of Heather. With clear skies and no wind I didn't even unpack my rain fly and spent the evening/night looking at the lake and stars.
Heather at Sunrise
Heather at Sunrise
Heather in Morning
Heather in Morning
Just a few comments on the trail to Glasses...crossing the log jam at Heather and following the lake shore trail is not a problem. Finding the boot path to Glasses is easy if you know where to turn (duh). Near the end of Heather you will see a FS sign on a tree by the trail warning about no fires. Five to 10 feet immediately past that sign turn left up a wet depression and the trail will soon become clear. Following the main trail out of Glasses will take you right back to that sign. That's how I know. If you continue on the lake shore trail to the Glasses outlet stream you went too far (like I did). If you follow the red flagging up hill from the outlet stream you may eventfully find the trail (like I did) but you may become confused along the way (like I was).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Oct 07, 2010 5:19 pm 
up.gif I can't see a peak in any of those pics hockeygrin.gif . How was the foot ?

Living in the Anthropocene
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 pm 
wildernessed wrote:
up.gif I can't see a peak in any of those pics hockeygrin.gif . How was the foot ?
The foot seemed to do fine. It was the healing scrapes on my shins that kept getting abused by brush. Oh, and remember I am not as into peaks as some people I know.