Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pratt & Lower Tuscohatchie Lakes - (6-15-13)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JimK

JimK
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 pm 
The Pratt Lake trail over the ridge to Pratt Lake is open for business. Snow after the Olallie Lake junction then bare again until almost to the Olallie Lake inlet creek. Snow until back in forest then bare. No snow at the Pratt-Defiance trails junction. Ironically, there is still snow all around Olallie Lake on the south side of the ridge. Bare down the north side of the ridge until the route pops out of the forest. Some snow but easy enough to follow the trail. Bare again until in forest nearer the lake. Easy snow travel then bare again just before the lake and all the way to Tuscohatchie. No snow on the 4200' ridge top and very little on the north side of the ridge. Not a lot of folks out on the trail on a beautiful sunny day. I'm sure Granite Mt. was packed. I spent an hour at Lower Tuschoatchie and only saw folks arriving as I left. I explored half a mile down the old Pratt River trail. That trail was in excellent shape as far as I went. On the way back I took the old abandoned section of the Pratt Lake trail back up to the ridge top. It had been at least a dozen years since I was on that section. It had even less snow than the current trail. My full report with all 42 photos is at: Pratt Lake Report & Photos Here are some photos:

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message