Forum Index > Trip Reports > Jacobsen Reserve to the Ridge and Point 2228 (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostMon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 pm 
Location : Wenatchee, Wa. Access : Western Ave South to the end to Skyline Dr., park in the WRAC Maps : GTM - Mission Ridge / Wenatchee and Wenatchee Hiking Trails Stats : One Way - 1.2 mi, 2200', 2.4 mi r/t I ran yesterday, so though we had the first noninversion day in Wenatchee in quite a while, with hints of blue skies at times, there were plenty of clouds outside the area. I wanted to get out do a quick snowshoe, grab some exercise, and views. The recent light rain and warmer temps had knocke down some of our snow, but the surrounding mountains and ridges still had 2-3' not far from the road. I decided to start at the Jacobsen Reserve TH over by the WRAC, pick a line and head up it off trail with my snowshoes, it's a steep and working choice kicking your own steps in and proved to be a good workout, and very scenic. The sun was scarce on the North side of the ridge, but I didn't sweat as much.
Castle Rock
Castle Rock
Chopper Peak
Chopper Peak
West side of Old Butte.
West side of Old Butte.
Pristine slope I snowshoed up.
Pristine slope I snowshoed up.
Twin Peaks
Twin Peaks
Point 2228'
Point 2228'
Steep section up to the ridge and Point 2228'. I looped back down a spur ridge at a lower grade to the left.
Steep section up to the ridge and Point 2228'. I looped back down a spur ridge at a lower grade to the left.
Panorama 1
Panorama 1
Twin Peak - Chopper Peak - Castle Rock with Tibbetts in the background
Twin Peak - Chopper Peak - Castle Rock with Tibbetts in the background
Into the Sun
Into the Sun

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostMon Dec 27, 2010 10:58 pm 
Nice shots of one of Wenatchee's most convenient hiking areas(the back side of Saddle Rock). Looks like a good day for it also. Good that you were able to get out during the busy holiday season. I have always considered the best thing about that trail to be that it is less than two blocks from my house!!!!

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue Dec 28, 2010 9:04 am 
It's convenient, the best way to snowshoe it is straight up off trail. Hannah and I did it several years ago, being on the North side of the ridge / slope we had 4' of powder. It's a worker breaking your own trail that way. Your options for extending the trip once on top of the ridge are many.

Living in the Anthropocene