Forum Index > Trip Reports > Eagle Creek to 7 1/2 Mile Camp - 04/17/11
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm 
With just a few rays of sunshine in the forecast, we decided to head out to Eagle Creek TH in the Gorge. Plan was to hike up to Tunnel Falls.
I was expecting lots of mud but the trail conditions were really good. Some drippy areas with the wall over hangs but not bad at all. Countless little waterfalls in areas that are dry during the summer. Here are some of the larger falls.
Tunnel Falls had an amazing amount of water coming down. I haven't seen it that big in previous years. Underneath you can hear nothing else but the pounding water.
With the day beening so nice we just kept motoring up the trail. Wasn't till 7 1/2 mile camp that we had to force our selfs to turn around. It was a great day out with some much needed sun. cool.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
The Monk

The Monk
PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 pm 
Thanks for the report. I will heading up Eagle Creek in a couple weeks along with some other Gorge hikes over a few days. Hopefully, the weather will start improving. BTW, how long did the trip to 7 1/2 camp and back take?

---------------------------- "God looked at everything he made, and he found it Very Good: Gen. 1:31
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostMon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm 
Thanks Peter. Took us just over 7 hours for the out and back hike. I think you'll really enjoy the Eagle Creek area. If you need info on best campsites or the Eagle Creek - Tanner Butte Loop just PM me before you go.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 pm 
I love that route in spring when the walls are dripping and green and the sun is out. One of the best hikes I have ever taken. We didn't make it as far as Tunnel Falls, so I get to go back! Yay!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostTue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 am 
I think you just game me an idea where to go get my backpack fix with all the lame weather up here. Thanks for the TR!

T Mary

T Mary
PostTue Apr 19, 2011 8:27 am 
Wildflowers are starting to bloom along the trail, too. I was also there on the 17th and saw lots of glacier lilies, saxifrage, larkspur, red flowering currant, salmon berry, and even a checkered lily that was still in bud.

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson