Forum Index > Trip Reports > Peak 4218
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Fred Beavon

Fred Beavon
PostSun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm 
Peak 4218, an easy peak, good for some exercise, if nothing else. From the Nason Creek Rest Area on Highway 2, go south on Coulter Creek Road #6930 to the gate. I mostly pushed my mountain bike the next couple of hours to the north ridge, where the bike was dumped, and I continued on foot. There was just a moderate amount of brush and snow, and the postholing in the snow slowed me up, but I couldn't be bothered putting on the snowshoes I was carrying. The summit is not at the 4218' crosshairs but further southeast where an abandoned road is shown on the USGS map. I'd say the summit elevation is closer to 4240' than 4218', not that that is of any importance. There were enough views on the trip to make it somewhat interesting. In descending, somehow I veered too far west and hit the road further on so I had some uphill to hike before reaching my bike again. What a relief knowing I could just coast downhill from that point on. The two hours it took going up took only ten minutes to coast back down. Thanks, Justus, for your trip report on this peak awhile back, without which I never would have known about it. Up at 2:45 a.m. on May 19, left Edmonds at 4, left the gate at 6, dumped the bike at 8, at the summit soon after 9, driving back home from 10:30 to 1 p.m.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message