Forum Index > Support & Feedback > If you notice something not working...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri May 27, 2011 2:25 pm 
If you notice something not working, please post in this thread. Our host upgraded us to a new platform and some of our software stopped working. I've already tracked down and fixed a couple things (thumbnails not being built and an error when viewing larger picture sizes), but if you notice anything else that doesn't seem right, please bring it to our attention in this thread.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostFri May 27, 2011 10:44 pm 
Howdy Tom. My old TR to Northern State has a bunch of pics, but when you click on the thumbnail (which all appear properly rotated), the larger version that pops up gets rotated when it shouldn't. Seems to happen with both the landscape and the portrait pics. EDIT: My bad... seems like it is only the Landscape direction that loads the wrong way. Pretty sure I uploaded all of them to flickr in the thumbnail shown orientation. This was from a few years ago. Link: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7963153 ~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat May 28, 2011 12:04 pm 
Looks like something that's been there for a while. The way to fix those is to click on the rebuild thumbnail link below the larger size that pops up. Rebuilding the thumbnail also resets the orientation. I've fixed those, but you may need to clear your browser's cache to see the correct orientation.

hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 pm 
Can't get Quote to work. I mean when I want to reply to another post in the thread, if I click on Quote, I don't get their message. So I have to copy and paste into my new message. For ex., the post I made a few minutes ago in Name that flower. Using IE8, XP Home sp3.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 pm 
Did you select "Quote entire post" or "quote selected text", and select some text? The quote function was changed not too long ago to get rid of the automatic quoting of entire posts.

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 6:16 pm 
Yea if you don't do the step Slugman describes you get a lot of white space. It used to just automatically quote the whole post but now if you don't specify anything you get nothing.

hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 pm 
tigermn wrote:
Yea if you don't do the step Slugman describes you get a lot of white space. It used to just automatically quote the whole post but now if you don't specify anything you get nothing.
Got it thanks. rolleyes.gif

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostThu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 pm 
Tom. Having problems posting youtube videos using Safari. When I hit the preview button the field expands but remains blank. I went ahead and tried to submit once to see if it was just a preview problem and it posted a blank field. It's worked fine in the past. Thanks

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
Any examples you can link to or post here, Ziploc?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostThu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 pm 
Here's a youtube embed code copied and pasted above: 640x480 frame size with no extra sections checked.

Ziploc

Ziploc
PostThu Oct 06, 2011 1:16 pm 
Cool up.gif Thanks DHM I quess there is a delay that I wasn't seeing in previous vid posts months ago. I did try waiting for the preview before and got nothing. Oh well.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Oct 06, 2011 1:17 pm 
Yep, the video works fine for me. No worries.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostSun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am 
hey Tom - nothing major, but just posted some pics here, from flickr (I've been using picasa, so it's been a while since I posted anything from flickr), but I can't get them to display full size when you click on the thumbnails. Full size is nothing radical, just a lowly 640 pixels, but right now they're only displaying at 500 pixels (medium). Tryed a few things (_z instead of _m at the end) but still displaying at only 500. Any ideas? They used to simply default to full display size upon adding them to the post...

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Looks like flickr is hiding sizes larger than 640 pixels for free accounts if the original was 1280 pixels or less. Idiots. This only applies to pictures uploaded to flickr prior to May 2010. www.flickr.com/help/photos/?#2795204 If you posted the picture here, we saved the original size links before they started hiding them, so I think those will still display larger. The issue is just for pictures you uploaded to flickr and never posted here. I'll fix it so we at least display the 640 size.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm 
I blocked someone's avatar picture while I was fooling around with the Firefox picture blocker thing. Now when I click on a TR picture, it won't load. The popup window still works, but the picture doesn't come up.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods