Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Twisp residents indicted on wolf killing charges
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RickS

RickS
PostThu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm 
People get tired of mismanagement of wildlife? No, you mean hunters get tired of mismanagement of wildlife. I know, hunters don't like it when natural predators eat their natural prey because that means less deer and elk for hunters to kill. up.gif up.gif up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am 
I know the Wolf lovers really don't know a lot about wolves, hunters, or ranching, much less what it means to manage wildlife and why there is a need for it. They mainly concentrate on slandering people who want a realistic and achievable management plan rather than anarchy in the woods. down.gif down.gif down.gif Kinda like the kids who want a bunnies for Easter and don't realize there are consequences; they just keep repeating that "bunnies are great" and their parents who don't want a bunch of bunnies over running the backyard in a few generations are just "bunny haters". hahahaha up.gif up.gif up.gif

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
RickS

RickS
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 2:00 pm 
It is people like you with obvious hatred of any predator that eats elk and deer that turns the non-hunting public against you. up.gif up.gif up.gif I know all about wolves. Yes, they kill elk, deer, and a small percentage of livestock/cattle. To hunters, the wolf is bad just because he eats elk and deer, his natural prey for many thousands of years. You hunters are your own worst enemies. Hunters want wildlife "managed" for their benefit only and this will never ever happen. up.gif up.gif up.gif
Schenk wrote:
I know the Wolf lovers really don't know a lot about wolves, hunters, or ranching, much less what it means to manage wildlife and why there is a need for it. They mainly concentrate on slandering people who want a realistic and achievable management plan rather than anarchy in the woods. down.gif down.gif down.gif Kinda like the kids who want a bunnies for Easter and don't realize there are consequences; they just keep repeating that "bunnies are great" and their parents who don't want a bunch of bunnies over running the backyard in a few generations are just "bunny haters". hahahaha up.gif up.gif up.gif

djt

djt
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 pm 
I enjoy lurking and following the debate, but all the up.gif up.gif up.gif and down.gif down.gif down.gif is really annoying .....it doesn't make the offenders seem any more intelligent, in fact quite the opposite. Can we just pretend that the up.gif and down.gif emoticons don't exist anymore.... and just say no when the urge to use them strikes? A valid point should stand on it's own without all the additional crap.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:03 pm 
RickS wrote:
It is people like you with obvious hatred of any predator that eats elk and deer that turns the non-hunting public against you
RickS, who do you feel the need to put in print a total fabrication about my opinion??? I know why...it is because you can't find one post where I have called for extermination of wolves so you make up something. Another FACT is that I haven't opposed their reintroduction anywhere, much less on any thread on this web site. I have only suggested reasonable and achievable management and You make up extreme statements that you claim people say or believe because without your imaginary wolf haters your imaginary quest against them does not exist and you couldn't rationalize your offensive spew and spray. For someone who claims it is others who hate it is plain for anyone to see that it is you who is the hater. You have proved that sufficiently. OK, to get back to something constructive rather than just dirt slinging: Does anyone know when the next public meeting in their area, open for public comment, is? I suggest we post times and places so intelligent and reasonable people may have a hand in the wolf's fate going forward. I will see what I can find out for Eastern Washington and post it.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 pm 
Good point djt, sorry. I shall refrain. I was just trying to write in a manner that one particular Rancher and Hunter hater could understand.

djt

djt
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm 
No problem. I don't believe that you are the worst offender. BTW I think you're making some great points.

RickS

RickS
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm 
The non-hunting public dislikes hunters/ranchers because of their radical extremist views against natural predators that feed on elk and deer for their survival.
Schenk wrote:
Good point djt, sorry. I shall refrain. I was just trying to write in a manner that one particular Rancher and Hunter hater could understand.
If hunters (not all) and ranchers (not all) weren't such anti-predator extremists, people would have no problem with them.
Schenk wrote:

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 pm 
Schenk wrote:
Does anyone know when the next public meeting in their area, open for public comment, is?
Open comment periods may be over now. Each state has a plan for the future in place, except California I believe. This is governed by the United States and it's law. However, all voices need to be heard and you can request attention from your elected representive or Fish And Wildlife if a particular wolf is outside of endangered species status and raiding cattle or pet's. But most families of Gray Wolf are out in the woods wanting to be left alone. The ranchers originally said that they would allow that.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
RickS

RickS
PostFri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 pm 
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=102907.0 And you wonder why so many try to protect wildlife from these people who are so keen on destroying wildlife.
Snowbrushy wrote:
Schenk wrote:
Does anyone know when the next public meeting in their area, open for public comment, is?
Open comment periods may be over now. Each state has a plan for the future in place, except California I believe. This is governed by the United States and it's law. However, all voices need to be heard and you can request attention from your elected representive or Fish And Wildlife if a particular wolf is outside of endangered species status and raiding cattle or pet's. But most families of Gray Wolf are out in the woods wanting to be left alone. The ranchers originally said that they would allow that.

rasbo

rasbo
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm 
RickS wrote:
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=102907.0 And you wonder why so many try to protect wildlife from these people who are so keen on destroying wildlife.
Snowbrushy wrote:
Schenk wrote:
good reference rick,all them folks are fully aware of whats to come here.The poll was when we will be able to hunt them?Not destroy them.In other words, when will management start..You will find most hunters have no problems with wolves so long as they are managed properly.They also understand your real agenda is to end hunting,,If you dont like to hunt rick, dont hunt.You and them like you will cost taxpayers of this state big time.Rick how much money have you put towards any wildlife in this state?Where do you reside rick?

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:15 pm 
RickS wrote:
It is people like you with obvious hatred of any predator that eats elk and deer that turns the non-hunting public against you.
I'm a non-hunting public and I am not against hunting or wolf management (hunting). In fact, hunting makes wild animals stay scared of people. That's a good thing. Maybe it makes it harder for you to take pictures to show your co-workers that you saw a real live wolf, but such is life in the woods. Don't try to speak for everybody, because you can't.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
RickS

RickS
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
Hunt and destroy are not the same thing? I don't think you hunters realize how much you are turning the non-hunting wildlife advocates against you with your anti-wolf attitudes. I doubt you hunters care. You just think those who actually care for wildlife and defend the wolves because they are extremely persecuted by hunters and ranchers alike are "bunny hugging tree hugging liberals". up.gif up.gif up.gif
rasbo wrote:
RickS wrote:
Snowbrushy wrote:
Schenk wrote:
good reference rick,all them folks are fully aware of whats to come here.The poll was when we will be able to hunt them?Not destroy them.In other words, when will management start..You will find most hunters have no problems with wolves so long as they are managed properly.They also understand your real agenda is to end hunting,,If you dont like to hunt rick, dont hunt.You and them like you will cost taxpayers of this state big time.Rick how much money have you put towards any wildlife in this state?Where do you reside rick?

RickS

RickS
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
RickS wrote:
It is people like you with obvious hatred of any predator that eats elk and deer that turns the non-hunting public against you.
I'm a non-hunting public and I am not against hunting or wolf management (hunting). In fact, hunting makes wild animals stay scared of people. That's a good thing. Maybe it makes it harder for you to take pictures to show your co-workers that you saw a real live wolf, but such is life in the woods. Don't try to speak for everybody, because you can't.
There have been so few wolf attacks, but the only 2 wolf attacks in recent times on humans were in places where wolves are hunted pretty heavily. Also, there have been bear and cougar attacks on people in places where both of these species are hunted, so the claim that hunting is going to make animals scared of humans is flawed and not based on any science. Some animals might be scared, but not all.
treeswarper wrote:
RickS wrote:

RickS

RickS
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm 
I don't pretend to claim that I speak for everybody, but I do know that a lot of pro-wildlife advocates are anti-hunter simply because of the anti-predator extremist attitudes that a lot of hunters develop. Their reasons for being against hunters who have radical and extremist views towards natural predators are justified and legit imo. up.gif up.gif up.gif
treeswarper wrote:
RickS wrote: