Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Twisp residents indicted on wolf killing charges
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm 
RickS wrote:
There have been so few wolf attacks, but the only 2 wolf attacks in recent times on humans were in places where wolves are hunted pretty heavily. Also, there have been bear and cougar attacks on people in places where both of these species are hunted, so the claim that hunting is going to make animals scared of humans is flawed and not based on any science. Some animals might be scared, but not all
And you are basing your accusations on science suddenly? Right.... rolleyes.gif My method of coming to my conclusion is this. Go to a National Park, where hunting is forbidden. Harassment by goats, deer licking windshields of cars, bears breaking into cars... You don't see that in my neighborhood. Oh, I live out in the sticks where I could, if I wanted to, shoot a deer in my front yard. Look, people are going to hunt. The meat is wonderful. We don't have a wolf catcher so the wolves are going to need to be controlled. What is cheaper than hunting. Maybe distributing some distemper viruses or germs or whatever around? Hunting is the cheapest way for us taxpayers. You might want to contribute $$ to my Friends Of Seattle group. Perhaps we'll dump a load of bears and wolves in your neighborhood. Then you won't have to bother us about them. We'll send some elk along with them. You can watch the experiment you want to in the comfort of your home town. Have you ever eaten elk meat?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RickS

RickS
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 am 
Bears break into cars in many places where there are hunted. If hunting was supposed to make bears fear man, you wouldn't have bears coming into human populated places and causing problems in states where bears are allowed to be hunted, so they can supposedly learn to fear humans according to you. How are bears supposed to fear man if they are killed? Bears are solitary. Explain to me how dead bears are supposed to fear man? People are going to hunt. Wolves are going to hunt as well and elk and deer is their natural prey.
treeswarper wrote:
RickS wrote:
There have been so few wolf attacks, but the only 2 wolf attacks in recent times on humans were in places where wolves are hunted pretty heavily. Also, there have been bear and cougar attacks on people in places where both of these species are hunted, so the claim that hunting is going to make animals scared of humans is flawed and not based on any science. Some animals might be scared, but not all
And you are basing your accusations on science suddenly? Right.... rolleyes.gif My method of coming to my conclusion is this. Go to a National Park, where hunting is forbidden. Harassment by goats, deer licking windshields of cars, bears breaking into cars... You don't see that in my neighborhood. Oh, I live out in the sticks where I could, if I wanted to, shoot a deer in my front yard. Look, people are going to hunt. The meat is wonderful. We don't have a wolf catcher so the wolves are going to need to be controlled. What is cheaper than hunting. Maybe distributing some distemper viruses or germs or whatever around? Hunting is the cheapest way for us taxpayers. You might want to contribute $$ to my Friends Of Seattle group. Perhaps we'll dump a load of bears and wolves in your neighborhood. Then you won't have to bother us about them. We'll send some elk along with them. You can watch the experiment you want to in the comfort of your home town. Have you ever eaten elk meat?

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 am 
Bears go to town because people put their garbage out, or have bird feeders and it is easy pickin's. Tell me, is there a hunting season in town? Nope. Hunting works to keep animals afraid not because the animals have get togethers and discuss such things, but because they get shot at. The mama bear I ran into took off like a flash. Her babies went up trees and bawled. That's what good healthy smart bears do in the wild, where they are hunted. Mama bears teach their cubs. I probably won't have to worry about being bothered by those two in the future. Unless some yahoo comes along and feeds them. So, when we dump the bears in your neighborhood it would be best if you never put your garbage out and leve it-- Better stand by it until it gets picked up.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
RickS

RickS
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 am 
Hunting works to keep animals afraid not because the animals have get togethers and discuss such things, but because they get shot at. So a bear has to get shot at and survive to supposedly stay afraid of humans? What about all of the wild animals that were shot at and survived and still caused problems? Dead animals do not become afraid of anything. Anyone with common sense can tell you that. Seems more like an excuse to justify the killing of wildlife. up.gif up.gif up.gif
treeswarper wrote:
Bears go to town because people put their garbage out, or have bird feeders and it is easy pickin's. Tell me, is there a hunting season in town? Nope. Hunting works to keep animals afraid not because the animals have get togethers and discuss such things, but because they get shot at. The mama bear I ran into took off like a flash. Her babies went up trees and bawled. That's what good healthy smart bears do in the wild, where they are hunted. Mama bears teach their cubs. I probably won't have to worry about being bothered by those two in the future. Unless some yahoo comes along and feeds them. So, when we dump the bears in your neighborhood it would be best if you never put your garbage out and leve it-- Better stand by it until it gets picked up.

trestle

trestle
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 6:00 pm 
RickS wrote:
up.gif up.gif up.gifI like to agree with myself up.gif up.gif up.gif
Enough with the emoticons already! You make good and bad points but your constant reaffirmation weakens everything you post in every thread on this forum.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
RickS

RickS
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 6:18 pm 
I like the emoticons. up.gif up.gif up.gif tongue.gif
johnson37 wrote:
RickS wrote:
Enough with the emoticons already! You make good and bad points but your constant reaffirmation weakens everything you post in every thread on this forum.

trestle

trestle
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 9:15 pm 
RickS wrote:
I like the emoticons. up.gif up.gif up.gif tongue.gif
johnson37 wrote:
RickS wrote:
Yet the emoticons you choose only serve to re-affirm the points you just made in the previous sentence. The "thumbs-up" symbol typically (cyber and reality at least in USA) signifies that you agree with something or are ready to go. Quit agreeing with yourself already, it's redundant.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostMon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 am 
Fortunately there is a managment plan in place and here is some news: http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/aug0712a/ Snowbrushy, you are correct: The public comment periods have all ended and the plan is in place. Science shows, and those entrusted to manage wildlife populations recognize, the need for thoughtful managment rather than some extremist's, half-cocked, approach

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.