Forum Index > Trail Talk > Steepedge: new service for downloading adventure films
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostMon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm 
Just wanted members to be aware of Steepedge, a company that is compiling a catalog of films usually seen in mountain film festivals, etc. Their premise is most of these films you may catch at a festival or road show, like it, and never see them again. Of course I link to one of mine, but check out the catalog and you'll see excellent films like "The Aasgard Project" etc. This really is a cool service which provides rentals also (usually for 3 pounds). Here are the categories: Adventure Racing B.A.S.E. & Para-gliding Bouldering Caving Environment & Wildlife Exploration History Kayak & Canoe Mountain Biking Mountain Culture Mountaineering Para Inspired Polar Adventure Rock Climbing Shorts Skiing & Boarding Travel & Trekking

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun May 17, 2020 9:16 am 
I was just going to post about "top 10 favorite adventure films" but then I saw this post! Such films plant seeds in brains that flourish in time and grow some epic stories of our own... Thanks for posting this WW!

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSun May 17, 2020 9:42 pm 
At the bottom of the page it says "© SteepEdge 2011 – 2018", so maybe this happened in 2018 but on May 17, 2020 I got this page at the top level of the site you linked to.
Quote:
It is with much regret that after 7 years of streaming hundreds of mountaineering, climbing and adventure films we are shutting shop and riding off into the sunset. If you have any outstanding orders, issues downloading films you have already purchased or need to contact us for administrative reasons please send an email to admin@steepedge.com We would like to thank you for your support over these years and hope that it has inspired you to grab a camera and record your own awesome stories. The SteepEdge crew