Forum Index > Partners > Mount Howard
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 pm 
Sorry guys... I'm thinking I'd better bail. I hope you two have a good time still... I'll be resting my shin and sleeping in.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostSun Jul 10, 2011 9:05 pm 
So I ended up bailing on myself (and Gil - sorry Gil) and opted to catch up on some much-needed sleep today. I'm now looking to give this a go on Tuesday. If anybody is interested, let me know. I'll update my original post.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostMon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 am 
I hope my bailing didn't tank the plans, but I'm glad I slept in and took it easy. I needed a day off. Good luck on Tuesday.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 pm 
I bailed on myself a third time (motivation issues). smackbum.gif Embarrassing, now looking to head up early Saturday morning. No bs.gif. My plan is to leave Seattle at 5:00 a.m. If anybody is interested ... original post updated.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 pm 
Tom and I will be up there Saturday as well. We'll be coming in from the east and running the ridgeline over Mastiff a la b00 and company... Guessing you'll beat us to the top, but will be waving at you as we walk along the ridgeline. wink.gif We also have a bit of extra room in the rig. Not sure when we're leaving, but drop me a line via PM if anyone's interested... agree.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm 
Checking in again. As last Saturday was crap for weather, I ended up heading up to Goldmyer and soaking for the day. This weekend looks much better. I'm hoping to head up there on Saturday and do the Mastiff->Howard traverse a la b00 and company. Drop me a line if anyone wants to join in and help me bury banana peels all along the ridgeline. devilsmile.gif And summithound, I fully expect to see you up there, ready to high-five me as we arrive. wink.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm 
Don't forget a bag of pistachios so you can Hansel and Gretel your way along the ridge. smile.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Jul 21, 2011 5:31 pm 
The hills are alive, with the sounds of Barrrry! wink.gif

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostFri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 pm 
After two tries I've yet to make the summit of this mountain for one reason or another. I'm giving it another go on Sunday, hence the thread bump! I've updated my original post with current information.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Aug 19, 2011 8:59 pm 
At least it should be all melted out for you. Recommend heading up the left of the lake (or if on the right, at the very least way up the end of the valley) rather than trying a more direct route up. The brush down near the outflow end is kinda crap and it covers some steppy benches of cliffs. down.gif Stick to the open slopes, find a nice break through the cliff to reach the upper slopes of Howard and you're good to go. wink.gif