Forum Index > Food & Grub > I've et my last MH dinner. Packitgourmet for me!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostSat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm 
I switched to the PIG meals this year largely because of the recommendations here. Like: Tortilla Soup - great flavors but not enough for a full meal for me. Gumbo - Added a can of smoked oysters as another poster suggested and now my new favorite. Loved the okra and all the little spice packets. Pasta Putenesca - good, nice spices Margarita mix - killer. Found a snow patch and mixed up a batch for friends. Wow, was it good on a hot day. Banana pudding - excellent. Loved the bits of coconut and vanilla toasties. My son likes it so much we eat it at home. Sort of like: Waldorf Salad - very picky to get the right amount of water for re-hydrating but was nice to have some veggies after 5 nights out. No likey: Smoothies - weird taste and consistency. I'll have to get rid of the 5 packages that I bought. Overall: Very impressed with the taste and ease of use. Would definitely buy again.

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mugs

Mugs
PostSat Jan 21, 2012 12:27 am 
Another great food supplier out there, that is totally good and tasty without all those crazy unpronounceable chemicals is Hawks Vittles I rave about his food just as much as I do Sarbars

I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am 
Wow, that Bison stew looks good. I'm going to try them out, thanks. up.gif

Mugs

Mugs
PostSat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm 
The Bison Stew is "to die for" I always just buy the 2 serving sizes it is way more cost effective that way. I think I average about 5 bucks a meal...but I buy a ton of meals at one time. The when its time to hit the trail I just pick what I want, weigh it on my digital scale and then split it into two freezer bags. Leaving (usually) one at home for the next trip and take the other one. And when he says serves one, he means just that....not like MH I used to have to eat two packs of what ever to get full.

I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.