Forum Index > Gear Talk > More Costco stuff
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 am 
Costco has "Tornado" btand bear spray in a large can for $25.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
reststep

reststep
PostSun Jul 30, 2017 9:33 pm 
Imuraya mochi ice cream Item number 1009700 A Japanese dessert consisting of mochi (sweet rice cake) on the outside and ice cream on the inside. Yummy

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Sep 04, 2017 7:59 pm 
If you have Costco poles you may have noticed that the tips do not last very well. I had a pair lose the metal tips on Sierra granite. In Bishop I found that Black Diamond points fit them well and cost only$10 a pair. As a bonus the carbide tips are replaceable and screw in. REI does not sell the tips or points here but they are available online.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostTue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am 
I was at the Costco in Woodinville yesterday, and there was a rep for Klymit selling pads and sleeping bags on sale. I picked up a 23" x 72" x 2.5" insulated "Static V" pad for $50. I was hemming and hawwing about buying yet another pad, but I've read great reports on these pads, plus the rep assured me that the Costco warranty still applies, so if I have buyers-remorse, I can return it for a refund. Now that I see there is a lighter weight "V2" model, I may do just that!

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm 
Costco now has landjeager at The Costco in Issaquah. Not quite as good as the Bavarian Meats product but cheap. $11 for 16 individually wrapped 1.5 oz sticks. Looks more like a Slim Jim.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostSat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 pm 
At the Woodinville Costco yesterday (3/9/18), Cascade Mountain Tech carbon fiber hiking poles with flick-locks and cork grips: $30 These same poles sell for $44 at Amazon

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 pm 
Noticed some stretchy convertible pants in various colors and sizes for $20. After checking the reviews online it seems they are 75% cotton so not advisable for hiking. Too bad as thy are really comfy. Will be returning mine.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am 
I was at Costco a few days ago (3/8/19) and those Cascade Mountain Tech carbon fiber hiking poles with flick-locks and cork grips were on sale for $30 again. Interesting they seem to go on sale the same time of year (see my prior post a year ago). This year, Amazon has them for about the same price ($35-ish).

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 11:29 pm 
Which Costco, navysalad? I've noticed there often can be a lot of merchandise discrepancies between stores, especially with food, so it's good to mention which outlet. For example, I picked up some fabulous curries at the Redmond store, but didn't see them in Shoreline. Seems like they really do a lot of target marketing in the grub dept. chow.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm 
I can't answer for where Navy Salad saw the poles, but I saw some last weekend at the Lynnwood Costco. Looks like they have all their summer gear out now. Tents, BBQs, pool stuff, etc.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
JimmyBob

JimmyBob
PostMon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm 
I picked up these poles in Issaquah, they're nice for $30. The baskets are the screw on kind, not push and lock. I used them this weekend in the snow, they held up nice.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 am 
Anne Elk wrote:
Which Costco, navysalad?
Sorry, I didn't seem to get my usual email saying there was a comment on this thread, so I didn't see your question till today. Anyway, I saw them at the Woodinville store (which think is technically "Grace".)

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 pm 
Seen at Woodinville/Grace Costco Oct 10 +/-: Ladies thick down jackets with hoods, I think made by Eddie Bauer. Only $50! Usually the down jackets at Costco are not very thick, but this one is quite thick. They are also selling thinner Men's Eddie Bauer down jackets (different model from above). Quality seemed about the same as the Kirkland Costco brand or perhaps not quite as much down as the Kirkland ones -- close though.

awilsondc

awilsondc
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 6:24 pm 
I just picked up a long sleeve 100% merino wool base layer for $20 at the Tumwater Costco. What a bargain!

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostSat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 pm 
Navy salad wrote:
Seen at Woodinville/Grace Costco Oct 10 +/-: Ladies thick down jackets with hoods, I think made by Eddie Bauer. Only $50! Usually the down jackets at Costco are not very thick, but this one is quite thick. They are also selling thinner Men's Eddie Bauer down jackets (different model from above). Quality seemed about the same as the Kirkland Costco brand or perhaps not quite as much down as the Kirkland ones -- close though.
My wife and I both use Eddie Bauer first ascent down coats and we have both replaced them no questions asked using their lifetime warranty. I wonder if this would be the same for the jackets from Costco. I am very happy with the jackets too fyi.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.