Forum Index > Trip Reports > cleveland(not ohio) mt 12-10-2011
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
b00

b00
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 pm 
cleveland mt 12-10-2011
jt on cleveland mt  - the snoqualmie range is the highest peaks in the background
jt on cleveland mt - the snoqualmie range is the highest peaks in the background
fun day in the sun with jt as we spent most of it effortlessly following carla, lindsey, gabriel and brian's tracks on some very stable snow. we both agreed that this is definitely a peak worth repeating, although monitoring the avy conditions would be required as the summit block definitely has avy potential. it was also nice to not have to carry snowshoes :>) drove car to 1070' ~.3mi from the money creek road and parked. we could have driven farther, but the road got rougher and it just wasn't worth it. walked the road .75mi to where it switchbacked up by kimball creek and headed up at the first switchback, keeping a creek(not kimball?) on our (climber's) left. we headed uphill short-cutting the road crossing it many time in easy forest, not too brushy terrain. at ~3400' we walked sw on the road up to just before a ravine where we headed straight uphill(sse) until we attained the ridge we followed the ridge a little while until we turned gently to allow ourselves to ascend the cleveland summit from the ne.
jt drew up his courage and was able to do a daring ascent of little cleveland. the slope of little cleveland was too much for me, so i just consoled myself with the role of historian
jt drew up his courage and was able to do a daring ascent of little cleveland. the slope of little cleveland was too much for me, so i just consoled myself with the role of historian
7.3mi 4289' gain 3:42 car to summit 0:18 summit stay 2:15 summit to car 6:15 car to car equipment: brought crampons(did not use) , ice axe (on this day, did not really need)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm 
The erudite historian Redwic has informed us in his summitpost review that the mountain came close to being named Harrison. http://www.summitpost.org/cleveland-mountain/517649

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm 
Nice trip idea, I'll have to put that on my winter list

Eric Eames