Forum Index > Partners > Monday, Lk 22, Heather lk, maybe Boulder river?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am 
Tomorrow's weather forecast is looking pretty decent, it says "increasing clouds" but mentions no actual rain. So I figure to take the wonder dog on a little local jaunt, perhaps to Lake 22, maybe Heather lake, or even Boulder river. I'm going somewhere that I won't need snowshoes, anyway. I figure to leave Lynnwood at around 9 am, avoiding the traffic, which would put me at lake 22 or Heather lake trail heads around 10 am, a little later for Boulder. I would prefer going to lake 22, I think it's better than the Heather lake hike due to the numerous waterfalls along the way. Boulder river is a longer drive, and there's no lake. However, I have no strong preference, so if someone wants to come and they do, we'll go to your choice. Other suggestions are welcome, I'm not locked into one of these three hikes. The pace up to the lake will be slow, lots of stopping to see the waterfalls (assuming lake 22 is the hike), I'm planning on a little picnic lunch at the lake, bring something to sit on, then hiking back at "regular speed". Figure about 5 hours for the trip, start at 10, back at 3 pm.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 am 
I went to Lake 22 yesterday, you definitely don't need snowshoes. The trail is hard packed and the bridges and rocks are icy as well as a few other scattered areas. I did not put on my micro-spikes, although on the descent I almost went down on a slippery sloped part of the trail, so be aware. Watch out for the mozzies at the lake as well. eek.gif 30 degrees, light snow, and mosquitos.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am 
Thanks for the info. I've got microspikes and Stabilicers, so I could lend one or the other to someone who comes along, if they need it.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 11:47 am 
I would go with the Stabilizers, the Micro spikes prolly a bit too aggressive for conditions.
on thin ice? I told them they should do some ice fishing....
on thin ice? I told them they should do some ice fishing....

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Gil

Gil
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm 
Hi there: PM sent

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 7:57 pm 
Hi, got it, but I've been at work, driving home, making dinner, Giants/Cowboys death match, etc. I got your number, I'll call you in a bit. But 10 am at lake 22 sounds good. Daisy and I will be there for sure. She'll be leashed. embarassedlaugh.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 11, 2011 10:58 pm 
10:30 am departure from the Lake 22 trail head. biggrin.gif