Forum Index > Trip Reports > Canyonlands area - Moab, Utah 12/21/2011
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 pm 
Our Christmas plans went way up in the air when our son told us his job at Keystone ski resort had him working almost every day of the holidays including both Christmas and new year’s. When we learned our daughter had a few days free around Christmas we decided to go anyway and pick her up in Utah on the way. She had just been to Canyonlands and Arches down by Moab and insisted we make a side trip there. Due to limited time we just went to Dead Horse Point and did some hiking around the park headquarters followed by lunch in Moab. It was a good suggestion.
on the way out there
on the way out there
Monitor and Merrimack
Monitor and Merrimack
Dead Horse point
Dead Horse point
Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Keeping warm in the wind
Keeping warm in the wind
At park headquarters
At park headquarters
Thin snow cover all over the Rockies made for less than stellar skiing. We did manage a day each at Keystone and Beaver Creek. The trip’s highlight was family dinner at an Italian restaurant in Dillon Christmas eve. Then we got up early Christmas morning for the long drive home.
Daughter, son, me, and kids friend they grew up with overseas who is now living in Denver
Daughter, son, me, and kids friend they grew up with overseas who is now living in Denver

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Don

Don
PostThu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 am 
I love Dead Horse Point! We found that park to make an excellent base camp to visit both Arches and Canyonlands from. Glad you had nice weather and an enjoyable time!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message