Forum Index > Trail Talk > Has Damon Point Disappeared?
Previous :: Next Topic  
Kellbell

Kellbell

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 9:06 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hello all! I have been gone off here for such a long time. Lost in the black hole of FB and Instagram. But I trust you all so much more with questions. I was thinking about another trip to Damon Point in hopes to actually see an owl, so I went to check trip reports. Nothing has been posted since last summer. Does anybody know why?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hesman

Hesman

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 1:10 pm 
No idea why there hasnít been any trip reports for Damon Point. Maybe there hasnít been good low tides in the middle of the day?

I was there in early August 2019 and all was well in regards to the point. Along with lots of people roaming the beach on the point.

--------------
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kellbell

Kellbell

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm 
It's weird, right? I'm hoping someone will reply that has been recently. Even better would be hearing about a snowy owl sighting...that would get my butt over there in a hurry!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
IanB
Vegetable Belayer

IanB

Vegetable Belayer
PostSat Jan 04, 2020 5:46 pm 
Looks like a trip to Calgary...

https://ebird.org/map/snoowl1?neg=true&env.minX=-143.12770038771907&env.minY=23.01471593661497&env.maxX=-33.615981637719074&env.maxY=65.80983979236827&zh=true&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=on&bmo=12&emo=1&yr=range&byr=2019&eyr=2020

--------------
"Forget gaining a little knowledge about a lot and strive to learn a lot about a little."    - Harvey Manning
Kellbell

Kellbell

PostSun Jan 05, 2020 9:41 am 
Or a shorter trip to a random street in the middle of Vancouver for a 2% chance  lol.gif Well, even if the owls are at Damon Point, nobody would know because apparently nobody is hiking there. I am still really curious why
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm 
We went last winter and the path down to the beach was undercut below the pavement. Waves were washing up all the way to the grass line. We didn't feel safe venturing out onto the point. We just enjoyed the waves.

I haven't heard of any snowy owls being seen in WA this winter, though I'm not checking Tweeters every day.  Nothing's coming through on the FB groups I'm a part of. I'm sure you'll hear about it when the next irruption occurs. smile.gif

--------------
My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Has Damon Point Disappeared?
  Happy Birthday ICLIMB76!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: