Forum Index > Partners > Monday (2/06) Snowshoe out of Paradise
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm 
I'll be heading down to The Mountain on Monday for 2 days of fun in the (hopefully) sun. Tuesday's booked, but if someone would like to join me on Monday for some tromping around in the snow, please do let me know.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
like2thruhike

like2thruhike
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 am 
What's on Modays menu?I'm kinda interrested.Carpool from Seattle?

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm 
Ah, the snowshoe out of Paradise, the "three hour tour" of NW hiking and snowshoeing. embarassedlaugh.gif Just a friendly reminder to be careful out there. headrub.gif

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 pm 
Thanks Sluggo. Will do. I don't plan on going up far enough to mistake the Stevens Creek drainage for the Paradise drainage, plus I'm pretty sure that we're not expecting whiteout conditions, but I am off right now to check the avi conditions. Better safe than dead, right?

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm 
Right. up.gif You don't seem like the kind of person who would buy a GPS one day, not be able to load a map on it, but the very next day try to use it to navigate out of a white-out on The Mountain. embarassedlaugh.gif Such people do exist, really they do! agree.gif I like going to Rainier, precisely because you can get such good info from the rangers patrolling the area. Plus there aren't that many places where you can start at 6,000 ft. Have fun, the weather looks great, wish I could go.

Gil

Gil
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 pm 
Are you folks still heading up to Paradise? Brighidoon, sounds as if you are staying the night, but if someone else wants to go for the day on Monday, I could drive. Let me know details!

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 7:39 pm 
I am heading up tomorrow morning at a no-too-early hour which means I'll aim to leave Woodinville about 8. I am staying the night in Ashford so I will not be driving back (beyond Ashford), but if folks wanted to join, I'd be happy to meet in Ashford. My plan was for an easy day on Mazama Ridge since my Tuesday plans will require pretty much everything I've got to give (and then some). The Subie has room for 3 more.

Gil

Gil
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm 
That sounds great! Where in Ashford would you like to meet? And do you think MSR Denalis have enough float for what you're doing?

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 8:16 pm 
Awesome Gil! How 'bout at Whitaker's at 10:30 (buying me a little time for any screw ups along the way)? The store, since I have to pick up the MTT map for Tuesday. I'll PM you my cell # but I'm told there really isn't reception down there. Not sure where it cuts out.

Gil

Gil
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 9:18 pm 
Great -- Whittakers at 1030 a.m. See you there! I'll PM my cell too.

AlpineKosmos

AlpineKosmos
PostMon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 pm 
Sounds like an awesome idea, too bad I'm working. Let me know when you're planning another snowshoe outing! Have fun and be safe.

"A life of slothful ease, a life of that peace which springs merely from lack either of desire or of power to strive after great things, is as little worthy of a nation as of an individual." -Theodore Roosevelt