Forum Index > Trail Talk > pargeter maps - central cascades
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
iron

iron
PostWed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 am 
perhaps we can ask steph abegg to tackle the task of creating new ones. i know she did one of the north cascades a few years ago for a fundraiser on CC.com. can't find it right now, but if you look at this page, http://www.stephabegg.com/home/projects/posters, it's clear she's way more than capable of doing such a task.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 am 
I have been known to give away duplicate maps and books when I find them. Although the Pargeter maps were the first I've ever found in my many years of thrifting for maps and books. If I do ever find more, I'll post here and who ever has the best reason for needing them will be the new owners.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...

Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...
PostWed Jul 17, 2013 8:54 am 
Well, then, I'll go ahead and take one of the maps into Kinko's and see whether I can find a sympathetic employee to make full-size copies.

LanceLuther

LanceLuther
PostFri Aug 02, 2013 6:53 pm 
Blowdown, any luck convincing kincos to recreate the map? I have been following the thread and would love to have a copy of the central cascades.

Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...

Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...
PostFri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 pm 
Just last week, I went to the Kinkos by University Village, and asked for a full-size copy of Pargeter's "Olympics Mountains" map (from 1983!). The clerk didn't bat an eye. "When do you want to pick it up?" I was all set to try to explain that it was out of print, etc. but I didn't need to. The drawback was that the copy was expensive ... a whoppiing $42.00 for a 24 x 32 inch copy! But I was happy to pay it. These maps really are priceless. Ultimately, I think it's a good plan just to make self-serve 8 1/2 x 11 color copies. They're a lot cheaper, and easier to pack, so you can identify peaks when you're sitting on a summit. But for a full-size copy to mount on a wall, I think it all depends on the clerk, but if you're willing to pay, I doubt they'll have a problem with it.

touron

touron
PostFri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 pm 
Hmmm...some maps are available here, but all.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
snoqpass

snoqpass
PostSat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm 
This place has some cool maps too, http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map/US/31625/