Forum Index > Partners > Transportation to Olympic NP
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gtag15

gtag15
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 am 
Me and two buddies are looking to backpack Olympic National Park this spring break. We are flying into SEA on the 17th of March. Originally we had planned to borrow a car from a friend that lives in Seattle. However, since he was in a wreck recently, insurance won't cover other drivers. We are trying to keep the cost of this trip to a minimum since we are all poor college kids. What is the best way to get to the park via public transportation? Are there any ride sharing programs around Seattle?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am 
what part of the park are you headed to? i go from seattle to port angeles via a ferry and 4 buses for about $12, there's also a privately run bus that will take you to PA for $70 or so, much more convenient if you can afford it.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
gtag15

gtag15
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am 
The second half of the week we are meeting up with some people and staying at Lake Quinalt. Looking to hike the Wilderness Coast or up to Enchanted Valley the first half of the week.

Wolfman

Wolfman
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 5:18 pm 
It might be cheaper to rent a car, Enterprise and a few others are not too bad. Their is also lots of places outside of the airport that rent cars. Probably a lot cheaper then in the airport. But if that dose not work here are some other options. Capital Aerporter This has shuttle buses to Olympia and I think Aberdeen, from their you can catch a Jefferson Transit bus up 101, it goes all the way to Forks. The other way is he Olympic Bus Line, it goes from Seatac to PA, but it only runs twice a day. From their you can catch a bus to Forks and then south on 101. Not the most direct route. I don't know of any other shuttles but their could be more. Search "SeaTac Shuttle Transportation". Good Luck on your trip. Wolfman

Barefoot Jake
Professional Bum

Barefoot Jake
Professional Bum
PostThu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 am 
If your going to Quinault. Its cheaper to used the 'Olympic Connection Route' out of Olympia. Its $1.50 per way and a series of 2 buses (make sure you ask for a Free Transfer). Certain Route Times the Bus drives you right to the Lake Quinault Lodge. I do it once a month for the last 3 years. Grays Harbor Transit Site. There are buses that get you from SEA to Olympia, but I have not personally done them. Cheers, Jake