Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > any good truck campin' spots near stevens pass?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Luc

Luc
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm 
looking to get a long weekend of skiing in on the cheap. was hoping to stay in the truck but don't want to just been in a turnout getting blasted by semis all night. a picnic table and fire ring is ideal. but beggars can't always be picnic table users. overall, east side is preferred, obviously. any tips?

GNGSTR
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm 
I slept in my car at the parking lot at Stevens (the one on the north side) of HWY 2 about three years ago. Not entirely sure how legal it was, but it was during an AIARE I class with Mountain Madness and they said it was okay. I've also seen people snow camp just a few yards off that same parking lot before.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Luc

Luc
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
thanks. i guess that's 3rd best for me. first would be off the road/lots in a no-bother zone. second would just be down in the valley near leavenworth. i guess even little hideouts near leavenworth would be good too. my main reason for camping is to save on ducats. if i get a hotel, then i get burgers, then i get beer, then i get breakfast, then i get broke.

GNGSTR
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm 
It's prolly closed but the Nason Creek Campground about ~4 miles up the 207 (Coles Corner) from the 59er Diner. WTF! I don't see the Stacker breakfast sandwiches on the menu!

iron

iron
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 pm 
i've slept at the price creek rest area ~8-10? miles east of the pass. quiet. some cars come and go through the night. a lot of ambient light, but if you have a hat or eye mask or something, probably a non issue.

Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 am 
If it's snowing, the only spot you'll be free of the snowplows at the Pass is the RV parking lot and the area in the north lot designated for overnight parking. On the east side I don't recall any area between the Pass and the Rest Area that's feasible.

trestle

trestle
PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:11 pm 
The parking lot at the Nordic Center is pretty quiet at night time.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Luc

Luc
PostThu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 am 
cool, thanks for the infos guys. since i probably won't night ski until super late, i think staying right near the resort would get kind of boring. would prefer to have a fire or something and crack a few peanuts. so i'm leaning towards lk wenatchee or fish lake area. but keep an eye out for places to duck out along the way.

GNGSTR
Luc

Luc
PostFri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm 
fyi. headed over hwy 2 last weekend. for some brilliant reason i didn't do much research before we left. i figured there's enough campgrounds to choose from. Wallace Falls SP, near gold bar. = pvvvvt. not really a campground. Troublesome Creek & San Juan campgrounds out of Index - road is washed out Money Creek Campground - Closed Miller River Campground - closed/snowed in. Hell, we just went to Lk wenatchee where you can 'camp' in the day use area. We opted to sleep in the boat launch parking lot (in the truck) after a long evening on the beach where we hauled our stuff down and bbq'd and relaxed until about midnight. Didn't get hassled. Also - the Stevens Pass Nordic center does look like an OK option for a crude overnight near the pass.

GNGSTR