Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Ocean Coast Getaway
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostMon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 am 
Hey All: I'm looking for a rustic yet modern and luxurious vacation cabin on the Washington Coast. My girlfriend and I have a shared desire to rent a unit for a few nights in early December to watch the storms and surf roll in. The idea is it would have a rustic appearance on the outside yet be comfortable and modern on the inside. It must be within half an hour's drive from the nearest town as we plan to make the daily pilgrimage for espresso and pastries. Another bonus (almost a requirement) is an outdoor hot tub and an easy walk to the beach. We recently backpacked the North Coast Route from Lake Ozette to Rialto Beach and had great weather, so the goal of this trip would be to experience the other end of the spectrum, harsh weather with plush, warm and cozy accommodations. I haven't done a thorough internet search yet but if anybody has any ideas I would like to hear them. The general area I'm considering is Ocean Shores north to Neah Bay (the northerly the better).

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostMon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 pm 
Kalaloch lodge? one of the bed and breakfasts around Forks? Lake Quinalt Lodge? Kalaloch would fit your bill with a few of the units there having a hot tub. Not totally luxurious, but a mere stones throw from the beach. Also, in the neighborhood of the hike you wish to do....just sayin' cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Lono

Lono
PostMon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 pm 
Maybe Iron Springs Resort near Copalis. No hot tub, but the new owners recently took the old place to the ground and from what I hear rebuilt it in some very cozy cabins. I think they also took out some of the surrounding trees so it may be a bit desolate compared to the formerly wooded feel. For December beach watching and romantic getaways our usual bet is on the Sandpiper Resort up the road in Pacific Beach, WA, but the current owner struggles to keep up with things like runnig water and electricity in all rooms, although we had a family get together this summer where there were no complaints for the first time in years. You can't beat the beach, better than at Iron Springs. Seabrook is a vacation housing development just up the road, look for options at "seabrook cottage rentals". Also there's vrbo.com, which lists rentals by owners, just pick the seaside town or vicinity to see what's available. There are some good rentals in Pacific Beach I think, I don't have any idea on other communities. Watch your calendar and make sure you don't pick a clamming weekend, it may tend to spoil your romantic beach watching a bit.

abovetheclouds

abovetheclouds
PostMon Aug 20, 2012 10:11 pm 
I know of a place that has everything you want and then some....not quite in the locale you are looking at(Vancouver Island) but certainly has everything you mentioned you are looking for.....a private hot-tub on the lanai with unobstructed views of the pounding surf........no need to drive to town for fresh pastries - made fresh, each morning on site, at the award winning Tea House -binoculars on each table for spotting whales....... fireplaces in each cabin.....I have stayed at Bluejay and Otter cabins.....additional hiking nearby.....cougar country! From Seattle, probably similar travel time. http://www.pointnopointresort.com/resort.html

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Aug 21, 2012 7:32 am 
One of these places may work for you in Moclips. http://www.moclipsbeachrentals.com/?gclid=CJmk7dv2-LECFcV7QgodRjEABQ

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.