Forum Index > Trip Reports > First Time Up Earl 6/24/12
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GrnXnham

GrnXnham
PostMon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm 
We hiked up Earl yesterday. We hadn't hiked in this area before. It looks like lots of other great little peaks to check out here. It drizzled on us a little in the morning but it cleared up some in the afternoon. There is still some snow in the trees but most of it is gone in the open areas. We dealt with some blisters and falling in the "creek" that more closely resembled a flash-flood but still had fun.
We are heading up there!
Snow on Switchbacks
The top with Bean and Stuart in the background
Heading back down

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostMon Jun 25, 2012 7:17 pm 
Earl is a fun peak! If you're up for it, sometime traverse around Bean Creek basin along the ridge for more peaks and a look down down into the Fourth Creek Basin. Makes for a great loop hike if you're into some off trail travel.

snowshoeman

snowshoeman
PostMon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 pm 
I think we were at the trail head together and you left just ahead of us (two guys with the overnight packs). We were up on Earl today (Monday) and made it up Bean Peak and Mary's Peak on Sunday afternoon. We spent a lovely evening in the upper basin. Great place to wander! up.gif up.gif

GrnXnham

GrnXnham
PostMon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 pm 
snowshoeman wrote:
I think we were at the trail head together and you left just ahead of us (two guys with the overnight packs). We were up on Earl today (Monday) and made it up Bean Peak and Mary's Peak on Sunday afternoon. We spent a lovely evening in the upper basin. Great place to wander! up.gif up.gif
Yes, you two got far ahead of us when we had to stop for several minutes after my wife fell in the creek. I found out why my wife's pack is so heavy. She was carrying a full change of clothes for our day hike! Well it saved her bacon this time.