Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mürren to Gimmelwald - Via Ferrata (Aug 7, 2012)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostWed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am 
twodogdad wrote:
Ah, the via ferrata: we need a few of those here.
I couldn't agree more. I kept thinking, "why can't we have something like this?"
BarbE wrote:
I had no idea about the Mürren/Gimmelwald Klettersteig. A fairly new installation perhaps. confused.gif
Actually it is fairly new. I think it was completed in 2008 give or take a year.
puzzlr wrote:
It's going to be hard to talk my wife into going back without telling letting on about via ferrata being my secret agenda! It's blasphemy around here to suggest it, but IMO Garfield Mountain would be a great place for a few via ferrata for the adventurous tourist.
If you do go back, make sure you also do the ferrata on Eiger Rotstock and nearby Schawzhorn. A Garfield ferrata is a great idea! But I doubt the general public and naturalists could ever be sold on it.
Noble Hiker wrote:
Do they have those ladders and handles the entire way up the rock face?
The whole route is secured with ladder and cables, but it doesn't begin at the bottom of the valley, if that's what you meant.
campwire wrote:
See any base jumpers while on route?
We were hoping to, but no. We waited at the basejump platform near teh beginning of the route but nobody showed up. What we did see a lot of was parasailing. On a clear day, the air around Mürren is filled with them.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message