Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Trip report problems
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 pm 
The last few times I've tried to post TRs, I've had issues. After adding my photos thru Flickr, I always select preview. Some of the pics don't show up, and I have to redo the report 2-3 times before it all comes together. Anyone have an answer? I dread having to write a report, and then rewrite it multiple times.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 pm 
First of all get lazarus form recovery plug in. Then you can at least just go back in and restore what you already did and tweak it. Alternatively before you try and preview or hit post, copy the text and save it in notepad. At least that way you don't have to redo everything. I've lost stuff before trying to post a trip report. In my case probably due to having so many pictures it gives the system constipation.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:51 pm 
Can you clarify what doesn't go thru? When you hit preview does it just go to a blank page? If so hitting refresh might make it go thru. On a PC you can hit ctrl+a and ctrl+c to copy the contents of your post to the clipboard before hitting preview or submit, so if something goes wrong you have it in the clipboard to paste back if needed.

mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
When I hit preview after loading my pics onto the story, the story comes up but just the captions for the pics. I've tried to load each picture, but nothing happens. So then I start all over, and maybe 1/2 of the pictures will show up. Usually a third time will make it work. I've been printing my stories out to save them, but it still means I have to type it all in again.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm 
Why do you start over? Can't you just hit preview again? The reason it's slow to display the thumbnails is that it's building them on the fly and might have timed out, but there's no reason for you to have to start all over. It will also re-build any that it still needs to when you submit and view the TR.

mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm 
I've hit refresh and have waited over 30 mins, and nothing happens. Keep the ideas coming and I'll keep trying things on my end, too.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 8:57 pm 
I'm not sure what you're saying. Do you have a preview and submit button? Blank screen? You would probably only want to hit refresh if you got a blank screen. If you have a preview or submit button you would choose one of those.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm 
I have 'Preview'ed trip reports and had them hang up for a minute, or even 30 minutes. At least once I just left the computer on overnight. It never did post. I always ctrl+c and I don't even bother with the preview anymore since it doesn't seem to work well.

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm 
Yea that is about my experience, especially with a lot of pictures. The preview sometimes just seems to hang and go into la la land sometimes.

peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm 
I had the same problem last night - phbb critical error or something like that. Seemed to have problems loading FlickR pictures when previewing. Took several attempts, but eventually was able to post a TR (if it makes any difference, IE worked better and Firefox had the majority of problems). My thinking it is on the FlickR/Yahoo side as it seemed to be mostly image related

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 pm 
I also agree on the IE vs Firefox. I normally use Firefox. Well lately Firefox has been hanging on preview. I even close Firefox and go back in and it won't even bring up NWhikers. It just keeps trying to load. I fire up IE and it all seems well and works.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 pm 
It's a fire fox issue...i have the same problem with it hanging up. Have no issue with IE or Chrome.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 pm 
Well that is interesting. Tiger just posted a TR. No hangup in the preview or the submit. confused.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 am 
Hmm, we don't do anything different for Firefox so perhaps it's a Firefox bug. Are those of you having problems using the latest version of Firefox or an older version?

mike

mike
PostMon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 pm 
Firefox v14.0.4 on XP. No problems.