Forum Index > Trip Reports > Quest for Air: Janus, Skyline, Little Wenatchee 9/15 & 9/18
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm 
On Saturday I headed toward Stevens Pass for some breathing air and was not disappointed. I saw lots of hikers out from Smithbrook to Lake Janus. I wandered to the far end of the lake and found solitude. Great to enjoy this lake without mosquitoes!
Lake Janus
Lake Janus
Lake Janus
Lake Janus
Today, with school canceled in Cashmere, and smoke limiting outdoor activity around home, I could only take so much of daytime television. eck.gif Back to the pass again and a walk up the service road and trail to Skyline Lake. Berries were tasty but not spectacular.
Nice Road Walk
Nice Road Walk
Color Above Stevens Pass
Color Above Stevens Pass
Skyline Lake
Skyline Lake
I decided to loop home via Smithbrook and the Little Wenatchee. Good Choice! Vine Maples are just firing up. I poked around on the river gorge trail behind the Lake Creek campground.
Coloring Up, By Jove
Coloring Up, By Jove
Vine Maples in the Little Wenatchee
Vine Maples in the Little Wenatchee
Little Wenatchee
Little Wenatchee
Little Wenatchee
Little Wenatchee

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostTue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 pm 
A little surprised to see colors out already. Nice Pics. I need some air also so I am headed up to spend the night at Rock Lake in the tomorrow. AIR, AIR, AIR!!!

MLHSN
What goes here?????

MLHSN
What goes here?????
PostTue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 pm 
You teachers get all the days off. I'm jealous!

MLHSN
What goes here?????

MLHSN
What goes here?????
PostTue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 pm 
P.S. How are the huckleberries?

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am 
Berries seem to be on the small side and only found in particular locations. In the Stevens Pass area, some higher spots, which usually have good crops, have nothing this year, not green, not small,....just nothing. As for the time off, we still have to bring kids up to meet the standards, and time will have to be made up. It's a real inconvenience for parents, teachers, and students when you're just getting back into a routine, and then a disruption like this. On the way back, I could see the fire up the White River at Sears Creek, the Basalt Creek fire, the Klone fire and an unattended plume near Maverick Saddle. shakehead.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
MLHSN
What goes here?????

MLHSN
What goes here?????
PostWed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 am 
I was just giving you a hard time GoG. It's the envy showing through waah.gif How were the crowds up the Little Wenatchee? I'm thinking about taking the kids camping up there to get them out of the smoke for the weekend. Were there a lot of high-hunters?

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 pm 
up.gif up.gif

Living in the Anthropocene