Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > JEEP owners MPG report
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 am 
1990 Jeep Cherokee Loredo, 6 cylinders.. almost 20MPG on the freeway since I changed the spark plugs. 185,000 miles on it, I drive it once a week at most, paid $1,400 for it in 2006. The drive a sensible car around town and reserve the Jeep for hiking, dump runs and commuting in the snow. Studded snow tires are great.. But still the differential drags with much snow at all on forest roads. A lift would be nice but on the lifted ones I see, the differential is not much higher but the tires are much more expensive.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Desperado

Desperado
PostSat Sep 29, 2012 5:44 pm 
I have a '95 Wrangler, hard top, 4.0, auto. I get 15.9 averaged out, mostly city driving.

Brucester

Brucester
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm 
I've been 'carpooling with a coworker with a 2016 4 door Wrangler to Yakima for the past few months. Although I can see how handy they'd be getting to remote trailheads and possibly sleeping in, great visibility and plenty of storage space behind the rear seats. They look good in black! I like the idea of a square back, they seem to carry more gear than most other rigs! Like VW folks they wave.... Is that a sign they're not as reliable are other brands? Takes some athletics getting into one. Lifted jeeps must be fun getting into?! My friend claims he gets around 16 mpg with stock'ish sized BFG mud terrains. He lives in south Tacoma and commutes to Seattle daily. No complaints about the music with a hardtop....

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 2:19 pm 
I've been pleasantly surprised by my 2019 Cherokee. Gets close to 30 highway. City driving is north of 20.

Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostTue Dec 17, 2019 12:42 am 
I have a manual, ‘99 Cherokee. Think the average mileage is around 20. Great on mt roads and snow but not so great mileage. Can’t have everything.

When I grow up I wanna play.
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 12:14 am 
2001 Grand Cherokee with the four liter six, and select track. Over 240k The 4 liter engine is absolutely solid. Only non-routine maintenance was cleaning the throttle body and replacing the idle air solenoid near 200k. (Replaced the MAPP & Throttle sensor for good measure when it was off.) About 16 mph around town. Jeeps are big on Torex fasteners. Get both Torex Screwdrivers and Sockets. Chains for big Jeep tires need to be special ordered. You don’t need to install them, but must carry when chains are required.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau